none
HP OfficeJet J4580 not working under Win 7

Question

• Hello,

I tried to install the latest drivers available for my OfficeJet J4580, release 10.0.0 and they are not recognized by Windows 7. Can you help me on this ? Thank you
    Friday, September 11, 2009 2:29 PM

Answers

• Carefourauchampion,
    You do not need to install drivers. Win 7 will install drivers. Uninstall anyhting HP that you have installed and follow Arthur Xie's setup. Select local or network if it is networked.

After it installs and prints, for fax and scanning features, click start orb, type fax, select the Windows fax and scan from the results.

HP will support this model, in Win 7, look at HP link here. They will not make the downloads available until Oct 22, 2009 or sometime near that after the official release of Win 7. The Windows Fax and Scan will be the workaround until then.

Respond back with your result. Thanks.
    ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Monday, September 14, 2009 10:14 AM

All replies

• Huh -- that's odd. I installed an OJ J4580 under Win7RC in July. Win7 automatically saw the new hardware and installed the printer driver on its own (but not the fax and scanner components). To get fax and scan working, I downloaded the newest (WinVista) driver set.

Run setup as Administrator and using Vista compatibility mode . If you get an incomplete installation (as I did -- twice) with install program hanging, force the installation program to quit, uninstall the bad installation and try again. You could try installing in safe mode if normal mode keeps failing.

Friday, September 11, 2009 2:55 PM
  • Please follow the steps below.

Note: (1) If you are using a USB cable, please first disconnect the Printer. After installing the driver, we can then connect it to your computer and it will be detected. (2) If you are using a Parallel cable, please connect it before installing the driver.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel and double click Devices and Printers.
    2. Click the "Add a printer" button. An "Add Printer Wizard" dialog-box will appear.
    3. Select "Add a local printer".
    4. When we are prompted to select a port, please choose an existed LPT port, such as "LPT1: (Recommended printer port)". Click "Next".
    5. Select the manufacturer and model of the printer and click "Next". If we have the driver, please click the Have Disk button and navigate to the folder which contains the driver file.

If the correspond printer model is not listed, please click Windows Update. Then wait for the process finishes, and try to find the correct driver again.

6. Select "Yes" when the message "Do you want to print a test page" appears. Click "Next". The "Completing the Add Printer Wizard" displays.
    7. Click "Finish".

At this point, the driver installation portion of the process is complete.

Please connect the printer if it has been disconnected and check the issue again.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Monday, September 14, 2009 8:14 AM
  • Carefourauchampion,
    You do not need to install drivers. Win 7 will install drivers. Uninstall anyhting HP that you have installed and follow Arthur Xie's setup. Select local or network if it is networked.

After it installs and prints, for fax and scanning features, click start orb, type fax, select the Windows fax and scan from the results.

HP will support this model, in Win 7, look at HP link here. They will not make the downloads available until Oct 22, 2009 or sometime near that after the official release of Win 7. The Windows Fax and Scan will be the workaround until then.

Respond back with your result. Thanks.
    ASUS P4PE-P4 Extreme 3.4gHz-2gb G.Skill PC3200-XPSP3:55gb-Win7RC:17gb-DATA:500gb-ASUS N6800GT
    Monday, September 14, 2009 10:14 AM
  • Hello i ran the setup for the hp officejet  j4580 and it will not recognize the driver that has been downloaded from the hp website. i tried the above install and it states the driver is not installed. 

Leon Boxdale

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:15 PM