none
BSOD - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS)

Question

• I keep getting a BSOD while just casually using my computer. It has occurred four times now, a week and a day apart. Both times were twice within 24 hours of each other.

Here are the .dmp files:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9D6536C1D4459796!1135&authkey=!ACDHEJRrsMD2ecw&ithint=folder%2cdmp

Thanks to anyone who can help.

System specs: 

Windows 8.1 x64 Build 9600 OS

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.0GHz CPU

16GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB GPU

Asus Maximus VII Hero Motherboard

TP-LINK Wireless PCI-E Adapter

750W EVGA 80+ Bronze PSU

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:24 AM

Answers

• The driver that appears to be causing the crash is the NFC_Driver.sys:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8012c783ed9, ffffd00020cbf060, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NFC_Driver.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NFC_Driver.sys
    Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+59 )

According to this link the NFC_Driver.sys may be a component of ASUS Gamer First III program so try updating or, if necessary, uninstall ASUS Gamer First III.

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:59 AM

All replies

• The driver that appears to be causing the crash is the NFC_Driver.sys:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8012c783ed9, ffffd00020cbf060, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NFC_Driver.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NFC_Driver.sys
    Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!StreamInvokeCalloutAndNormalizeAction+59 )

According to this link the NFC_Driver.sys may be a component of ASUS Gamer First III program so try updating or, if necessary, uninstall ASUS Gamer First III.

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:59 AM
  • Thanks for the help, auggy. I've uninstalled ROG Game First III, hopefully this will solve the problem.
    Monday, March 23, 2015 4:40 AM
  • You're welcome, and good luck!
    Monday, March 23, 2015 9:29 AM

• Hello I AM R1SKY,

What is your current situation?

Is this issue resolved?

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:21 AM
  • Hi! I do not own an ASUS but an HP Pavilion and I still get this error... what can I do?
    Friday, May 8, 2015 12:06 AM
  • Hi syro202,

As this thread is already answered, I would like to suggest you post a new thread in the forum to get further assistance.

Please provide details about your issue in a new thread, such as error message, your Windows operating system version and so on.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 8, 2015 1:09 AM
  • is your problem solved dy?? Caused i also having the same problem with my ASUS Laptop

Friday, July 31, 2015 1:08 AM
  • Mine was solved. Try uninstalling ROG GameFirst III and see if that does anything for you.
    Friday, July 31, 2015 1:10 AM