none
net framework in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have several apps that I am trying to install. they require that net framework to be insall. Pinnacle studio 12 requires 2.0. When I down load this, Windows 7 lsays that it is aready installed. I tryed looking at thsi using "turn windows features on or off" but the window box is blank. No features? Other apps want 3.5, but I have the same problem with that version.anks

th
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:00 PM

Answers

• .Net framework 3.5 is included with Windows 7. This also includes .Net framework 2.0. There is no need to add these as a feature in Windows 7. I guess you have some compatibility issue with the applications you are trying to install. Did you try running the installation in Windows Vista compatibility mode?

Ray
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:55 PM

All replies

• .Net framework 3.5 is included with Windows 7. This also includes .Net framework 2.0. There is no need to add these as a feature in Windows 7. I guess you have some compatibility issue with the applications you are trying to install. Did you try running the installation in Windows Vista compatibility mode?

Ray
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:55 PM
  • There is a NET Framework 4.0 beta available at the Microsoft download site - you could try it. Since Win7 is RC running a beta shouldn't make a big difference.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 7:57 PM