none
RDP not responding after joined domain RRS feed

• General discussion

• i have issue with my laptop dell laptop e7240 running on windows 10 pro (64bit)

i have make a clean installation for windows 10 and installed necessary driver and application from dell computer (include dell data protection).
    after initial clean installation, the rdp is working fine and no issue connecting remote to server. i have been use the laptop for a week (not join domain), however, the rdp not working after i joined domain.

normally, after keyed username and password, rdp will immediately show up remote server logon but my case rdp will be not responding after a keyed username and password. 

i have try using local account user with "user right" and also with "administrator right" to try up rdp to server, the result is same.

i also try my other username with "domain admin right" to use the rdp but also failed.

someone suggested me that maybe the dell data protection is issue...... which i not sure..... and it is working till i join domain.

using my own username, i have tried on other windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro computer.... i manage to use rdp without issue.

• Edited by eu chor Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:59 AM multple copy
    Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:58 AM

All replies

• So what are the differences between the Windows 10 Pro machine that works and your laptop that does not? Are they both in the same domain in the same OU?

Does the laptop fail to connect to any server via RDP?

If you look in the Event Viewer on the laptop (right click start Computer Management, expand System Tools > Event Viewer) are there any event and clues under;

Application and Service Logs > Microsoft > Windows > TerminalServices-ClientActiveXCore and Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-RDPClient/Operational

Saturday, April 23, 2016 4:07 PM