none
on screen keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• when the on screen keyboard is docked to the bottom of the screen, it makes it imposible to change programs if more then 1 window is open without undocking the keyboard first. Is there any way to change this?
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:12 PM

Answers

• i have just found out that if i right click on a task this apeares over the keyboard instead of under.
    Thought this may help.
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:51 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you mean by 'docked' since my on-screen keyboard for Win 7 does not offer a docking option. Yiou click the icons in the taskbar to change focus to another app, then to the on-screen keyboard.
    Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:55 PM
  • my pc dosent have the docking option for the keyboard either so maby its because its a tablet.
    the keyboard covers where the choice of windows comes up just above the taskbar.
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 3:58 PM
  • ben,

Are you using the built-in Windows 7 keyboard, or is this part of a tablet software suite?
    -Alex
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 4:18 PM
  •  

Hi,

To make the issue clear, please also capture a screenshot:

Capture a screenshot

==============

1)   Press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2)   Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3)   In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4)   The "Save As" dialogue box will appear. Type a file name in the "File name:" box, for example: "screenshot".

5)   Make sure "JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)" is selected in the "Save as type" box, click “Desktop” on the left pane and then click "Save".

Please use Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and share its URL with us.

Thanks for your efforts.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:34 AM
  • this is the windows 7 built in keyboard .
    screenshot 1 shows the  docking  option, and screenshot 2 shows the curser over the multiple files open, but no way to change to the ones behind the keyboard.
    thanks for the help.
    screenshot 1 http://cid-76b3cf2272cf50d5.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/screenshot%201.jpg
    screenshot 2 http://cid-76b3cf2272cf50d5.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/screenshot%202.jpg
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:42 PM
  • i have just found out that if i right click on a task this apeares over the keyboard instead of under.
    Thought this may help.
    • Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:00 PM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 6:51 PM
  • Well that is likely the intention, is for it to be "always on top" as it wouldn't do a whole lot of good if other menus popped up over your keyboard. But you did find a way, so this matter should be all set.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:00 PM
  • i know there is a way, i was just wondering if there is/will be an easier solution so i can keep my keyboard docked such as increasing the taskbars priority somehow relative to the keyboard.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 7:04 PM