none
Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 Problem.

Question

• I bought this kit (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/wireless-desktop-800/2LF-00001) a few months ago but lost the mouse.

I now have a new identical mouse (Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000) and it won't work with the old transceiver (Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v8.0).

The Keyboard still works, and the mouse is recognized by Windows (Vista Ultimate) as "HID-compliant mouse" but it doesn't work.

I installed the latest driver but it still doesn't work. What could be the problem?

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:32 PM

Answers

• Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. For our hardware issues, we have specialized support for them, it is also recommend to contact our hardware support for help. Thank you for your understanding.

To contact them, please refer to the following information:

Microsoft Hardware Support

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:47 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:38 AM

All replies

• Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. For our hardware issues, we have specialized support for them, it is also recommend to contact our hardware support for help. Thank you for your understanding.

To contact them, please refer to the following information:

Microsoft Hardware Support

Sabrina

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, January 4, 2012 8:47 AM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 5:38 AM
  • The 'Microsoft Hardware Support' link is truly useless. It's no more than an exercise in chasing your tail. It would be actually helpful if you moved this forum post to the proper forum rather than have MS customer jump through additional hoops that just end in frustration.  This should not be marked as 'answered' either. Where is the 'Vote as NON helpful' link?

I'm having the exact issue 'sickOne' described and found this post. I've got 40+ of these keyboard/mouse combos in the last 6 months and now have three behaving exactly this way. It seems like the transceivers stop communicating with only the mouse. It's about time MS did something to improve support and give real answers. It's pretty sad when your Google search must include '-microsoft.com' to avoid useless support answers.

I'm an IT professional who is disgusted enough with MS support to actually post this response.

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:31 PM