none
C0000135 %hs is missing - PLEASE HELP!

Question

• I don't why why this error seemts to bother so many people! I read different comments, talking about hardware, computer performance whether they are compatible with Windows 7 etc. I don't think it's too much about what computer is W7 installed in. I am saying this because I have just bought a new lap top that DOES SUPPORT Windows 7. It came with Windows 7 Home Premium in Swedish, but I installed Windows 7 Ultimate in English. I have just installed it but then this famous stupid blue-screen error '' C0000135 %hs is missing'' is bothering me. Tonight it happened twice within 15 minutes. Fist time while the computer was idle, I wasn't using it, and then after arund 10 minutes, while I was using it, unexpectedly everything disappeared, and the blue screen shew up with this error!!!

I am trying so hard to find a solution, reading many comments, but it seems like people are just talking around but no one can find the couse or solution to it!  

I woudl really appreciaty anyone's clear and working solution help.

Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Besim M,

First, please understand that to solid troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump and analyze the related source code if needed. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

In the meantime, you can try the following suggestions to check this issue:

- Use Last Known Good Configuration.

- Check Disk

=====

1. Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar.

2. Right click on the search result listed upper and click Run as Administrator.

3. In the open command window, input the following command and press Enter Key after it.

Chkdsk /f /r

4. Please type Y and press Enter.

5. Please restart the computer and let the tool check all drives on the computer.

- Unplug all unnecessary devices and then perform a device clean boot

=====

1. Click Start, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

3. Right click on your sound card and then click "Properties.

4. In the dropdown menu of Device Usage, please choose "Do not use this device (disable)" and click OK.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, network card and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

- Perform Startup Repair

=====

Please refer to: Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

If the issue persists, you can check the dump files to see if the culprit can be found: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:59 AM
    Friday, April 09, 2010 7:03 AM

All replies

• Care to share which brand and model of laptop you're having? And i assume you're doing a fresh install of win 7 when you mention you installed win 7 ultimate english?
    Thursday, April 08, 2010 12:36 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Daniel.

Thank you for your reply. As for the brand and model of my laptop it's ASUS N90S, Inte Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz, 4GB RAM, Graphics nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 220M 1TB Had Disk. But according to your question, does brand and model play any role about what vesion of Windows to be installed? When I bought it, it came with Windows 7 Home Premium. Does that mean that I cannot have W7 Ultimate in it, since it came with W7 Home Premium?

And another bad thing is that I am having another problem too, one after the other. The other error is blue screen with full screen of description, beginning with:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computrer.
    A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. ........''  and then continues to:

''Technical information:

*** STOP:0x000000F4 (0x00000003. 0x87502780,0x875028EC,0x82Ee6FD50)''

If I only knew that Windows 7 Home Premium wouldn't have any problems in my laptop, I would immediately change it.

Thursday, April 08, 2010 7:15 AM
  • Hi Besim M,

First, please understand that to solid troubleshoot this kind of kernel crash issue, we need to debug the crashed system dump and analyze the related source code if needed. Unfortunately, debugging is beyond what we can do in the forum. I'd like to recommend that you contact Microsoft Customer Support Service (CSS) for assistance so that this problem can be resolved efficiently. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

In the meantime, you can try the following suggestions to check this issue:

- Use Last Known Good Configuration.

- Check Disk

=====

1. Click the Start Button, type "cmd" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar.

2. Right click on the search result listed upper and click Run as Administrator.

3. In the open command window, input the following command and press Enter Key after it.

Chkdsk /f /r

4. Please type Y and press Enter.

5. Please restart the computer and let the tool check all drives on the computer.

- Unplug all unnecessary devices and then perform a device clean boot

=====

1. Click Start, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

3. Right click on your sound card and then click "Properties.

4. In the dropdown menu of Device Usage, please choose "Do not use this device (disable)" and click OK.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, network card and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

- Perform Startup Repair

=====

Please refer to: Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

If the issue persists, you can check the dump files to see if the culprit can be found: How to read the small memory dump files that Windows creates for debugging

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:59 AM
    Friday, April 09, 2010 7:03 AM
  • I have the same error come up only Windows won't start for me because of a Windows Error Recovery which I believe happened because something went wrong in the registry.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:21 PM
  • Hi,

This is typically a missing DLL, but it is hard to determine which one
    because it requires a live system debug,

-- Mike Burr
    Technology
    Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:25 PM
  • I just wanted to let you all know that the same b.s. problem happened to me today BSOD error c0000135 %hs file is missing. After searching google and post after psot either blamed AVG or none of their solutions worked. I knew my problem wasnt AVG maybe idvault or constantguard from comcast but i am not currently using AVG. The only thing that got me back up after a restart was 1)restart your pc from win7 disk 2)select Repair 3)select Command Prompt 4) type in bootsect.exe /nt60 c: its worth a try if everything else isnt working. Good Luck
    • Proposed as answer by Neo211 Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:13 PM
    Sunday, February 05, 2012 2:25 AM
  • also check out this post    http://blog.crosbydrive.com/?p=245
    Sunday, February 05, 2012 2:32 AM
  • you sir are what I like to call a G. Ty for helping me get my rig back up. time for GW2. o/
    Saturday, September 22, 2012 6:15 PM