none
Filetransfer between raid0 weird behaviour. RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure this is the right forum, but was the closest description i could find. I'm transferring files between two raid0, but it's behaving oddly, maybe someone can explain to me what's going on here

E: is ssd & D: is hdd. So i don't really understand what's going on here. Not sure about the interval, but occasionally it switches the transfer to the other disk, so it's the other drive in the E: raid that's going full ham and the other one not doing much.

• Edited by idiocracy- Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:13 PM

All replies

• Try the file copy with bandwidth limiter. It gives up time slices so other tasks can use the disks.

Also turning off auto disk optimization will help.

click the drive -> "manage" will appear in toolbar -> click optimization and turn it off

When you say 100% usage on SSD, check what process running in background.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:28 AM
  • "gives up time slices so other tasks can use the disks." which other tasks, for diagnostic purposes?

"check what process running in background." standard windows tasks besides the disabled once.

"disk optimizations" are off.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 8:18 PM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 8:22 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. 

Behaviour remains, nothing has changed.
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:55 PM
  • Try to in-place upgrade system to the latest 1909 version for test

Monday, December 9, 2019 9:01 AM