none
High Definition Audio Driver Package KB835221

Question

• My computer (Dell XPS 400 Windows XP) completely crashed due to a very nasty virus and everything was wiped out. I am fairly computer knowledgable but could not fix it. I had all the applications disc's but my computer couldn't even read them. I finally had to call a service repair company. The guy that came out, I think he put this on my computer, I don't remember seeing it before and now the sound on my computer doesn't work and even he couldn't figure out why. My computer came with SoundBlaster 24 and I have check and all the defaults are set to this. I hear crackling in my speakers and before the virus they worked just fine. Is this application need to be on my computer or is it the problem? Should I take it off or does someone know how I can fix my sound? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:48 PM

All replies

• 835221 is obsolete and has been superseded by 888111.

In any case, your Soundblaster is not an HD Audio device and does not need HD Audio drivers.

I think you can safely uninstall 835221 if you wish.  Whether it has anything to do with your SoundBlaster problems is another issue.

You can automatically download and install the correct drivers for your SoundBlaster product by visiting this web site:

http://support.creative.com/downloads/SoftwareAutoUpdate.aspx

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:39 PM
  • Thank you sooo much for your help. I think it's something the computer repair man put on but I just wanted to make sure before I took it off. Thanks!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:50 PM