none
Windows Blue

General discussion

• As you may know, there are rumors circulating about a new version of windows, dubbed "Windows Blue." What do you think it will be? A Windows 8.1 /8 SP1 with a handful of new features? Windows 9? Something entirely different? Speculate.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:24 PM

All replies

• IBM Windows?

Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:28 PM
  • balls?

Sorry - couldn't resist. Actually this has been covered - 

"...the update on the Windows side, due in mid-2013, will include UI changes and alterations to the entire platform and pricing. We’re told that Microsoft is aiming to make Windows Blue the next OS that everyone installs. The approach is simple, Microsoft will price its next Windows release at a low cost or even free to ensure users upgrade. Once Windows Blue is released, the Windows SDK will be updated to support the new release and Microsoft will stop accepting apps that are built specifically for Windows 8, pushing developers to create apps for Blue. Windows 8 apps will continue to run on Blue despite the planned SDK changes."

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/28/3693368/windows-blue-update-low-cost

• Edited by ABCFED Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:48 PM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:42 PM
  • Once Windows Blue is released, the Windows SDK will be updated to support the new release and Microsoft will stop accepting apps that are built specifically for Windows 8

Ha ha ha! Oh my God! And so begins Windows re-imagined. Truly.

It's completely insane if they pull this. Windows users aren't used to be milked like this.. seriously, why not go straight to Apple?

Microsoft are making themselves irrelevant with this desperate copy-catism of the businesses models of their hipster competition. Let's not forget - around 90% of the laptop and desktop market are still in Microsoft's hands, yet they absolutely don't value these customers. This proves that we need desperately a desktop version of Windows. They can experiment on tablets with Windows Blue, Red, Purple and Green however they want, but don't take the existing customers into this crazy mud.

That's why the whole Win8 "no comprise" stuff was a bad idea.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Going from grey to blue is some re-imagination. Wish I had that sort of intellect. Obviously I won't be a leader.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 12:07 AM
  • Windows 7 is possibly one of the best versions of Windows. (The other being XP. ) I don't really care what zmicrosoft called "Blue" but I want to see the win7 ui. Start menu and all.
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 4:03 AM
  • Lenovo.

• Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:28 PM
      Pharmacies Jean Coutu
      1,765 Points

Vote As Helpful
      IBM Windows?

• Edited by rdragon95 Sunday, December 2, 2012 12:31 AM
    Saturday, December 1, 2012 4:03 AM
  • As you may know, there are rumors circulating about a new version of windows, dubbed "Windows Blue." What do you think it will be? A Windows 8.1 /8 SP1 with a handful of new features? Windows 9? Something entirely different? Speculate.

Spam a lot in Windows is the presence of the facets of the program and this is very annoying
    ?Why can not there be a single interface easy to navigate
    And navigate between applications has never been smooth in Windows 8
    And I hope that it Windows 9 is similar to the android

• Edited by Evanov Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:51 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 3:48 PM
  • Heres a link to an article about windows blue, I think you'll like it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017470/windows-blue-how-it-could-reinvent-windows-or-sink-windows-8.html
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:01 PM
  • Heres a link to an article about windows blue, I think you'll like it.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2017470/windows-blue-how-it-could-reinvent-windows-or-sink-windows-8.html

This thread is linked in that article. If the speculation about the SDK changes are true (more unified development environment between WinPhone8 and Win8), I support it 110%. I hope that the Win8 SDK is the winner over WinPhone8's SDK. In WP8 you can't access XAML from C++, so you have to split your C++ app into a C# shell and a C++ component. That's ridiculous, MSFT has 90K employees but couldn't spare a few Summer interns to write a C++ XAML library for WP8? In addition, neither platform allows access to Direct3D from C#.

Unify the SDK across platforms, languages, and stores and you'll have a winner.

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Windows Blue 

We will see the strongest and smartest system in the world of Microsoft .
    This system will overcome the Android system and ios.

Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:57 PM
  • Hi,

Android is one of the several Linux distros around, I don't think that MS will take that way.

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Well before this can happen, Windows 8 does need to fix many many things...

OK, so many be Kansas is no in the U.S.A.

several friends in Arkanas, Texas and Missouri get the same thing....

Friday, December 21, 2012 8:53 PM
  • Well before this can happen, Windows 8 does need to fix many many things...

(snip image)

OK, so many be Kansas is no in the U.S.A.

several friends in Arkanas, Texas and Missouri get the same thing....

You can get that if you try to use the Upgrade Advisor to buy the $39 download from an OS that doesn't qualify for an upgrade. (Example: Win8 Enterprise Evaluation version.) It wasn't clever of Microsoft for the software to give that message.

On the other hand, Texas - maybe MS is expecting the secession movement there to succeed. ;-)

Saturday, December 22, 2012 3:48 AM
  • I really dont know but it could be windows 8.x ,it seems just an upgrade for wndows 8....

maybe these site will help you :http://www.windowsbleu.com/

• Edited by saldriass Monday, January 14, 2013 11:45 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 11:45 PM
  • Sorry for being so long to reply... but yes, when you use the proper OS not (Enterprise) the upgrade link validates, I do wish that M$ would fix tho, very much they should not send this to members who have Enterprise... hahahah I should have rebooted to my Windows 8 Pro (love that Dual Boot). Thank you for the reminder...
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:02 PM
  • If you follow the link and read very much on the web site windowsbleu you will find much is 1.) Rumors stated as fact, 2.) pure conjecture, 3.) many thing are taken out of context 4.) many things posted later are removed due to many complaints that (not validated) (100% does not work) and (much will Force you to Clean Install your OS again.)

By all means continue to READ all the RUMORS there, and consider them RUMORS until you find Proven on a Reliable Site...

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:06 PM
  • look at winbeta.org and get some details about Windows Blue:

http://www.winbeta.org/tags/tags/windows-blue

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:15 AM
    Answerer