none
Windows 7 Blue Screen (of death)

Question

• Hello,

I've recently bought a new computer which has Windows 7, 64-bit installed onto it, and lately it has been crashing quite a lot, while I'm not around and then restarting back to the home screen (which I find when I come back).

Here is some information which appears : 

• Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

• Files that help describe the problem:

C:*removed* 011011-16848-01.dmp

C:*removed* WER-23197-0.sysdata.xml

I've tried deleting those files above, but this problem generally keeps occurring. I am pretty new to Windows 7, so I am unsure of what could be causing this problem, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lawrence . 

(p.s. if you require any more information, do ask. Thanks! )

Monday, January 10, 2011 5:56 PM

Answers

• On Sun 1/16/2011 9:05:53 AM your computer crashed
    This was likely caused by the following module: atikmdag.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88004949817, 0xFFFFF88002906900, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bug check has a value of 0x0000003B. This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff558949(v=VS.85).aspx

There are a lot of people complaining about errors with this module across the internet. This driver is related to your video card. I would suggest the following things. Firstly i would uninstall and install the latest version of driver for your graphics card. Install the latest version of direct x. I would also run memory and hard disks checks just to make sure thats not an issue. Although i doubt it is. Help to do that here - http://www.mypchealth.co.uk/GuideTests.php

Let us know how you get on.

MyPcHealth ------ Some Free Tools
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:32 AM

All replies