MpKsl drivers RRS feed

• Question

• Why does MSE litter the system with dozens of "Non-plug and play drivers" named MpKsl********? At this juncture, I have 22 of them. I thought they were supposed to be deleted when a new set of definition files get downloaded.

Thanks,

Leighton

Edit: I'm up to 26 now!
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, after new define update, the old MpKsl service would be deleted and a new MpKsl would be started.

You could try to reinstall Microsoft Security Essential to check how it works.

If this issue still exists, I suggest you could post our corresponding forum which focuses on Microsoft Security Essential issue:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leighton Cyr Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my research, after new define update, the old MpKsl service would be deleted and a new MpKsl would be started.

You could try to reinstall Microsoft Security Essential to check how it works.

If this issue still exists, I suggest you could post our corresponding forum which focuses on Microsoft Security Essential issue:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leighton Cyr Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Just 26? Let me show just the half of the list: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/mpksl.jpg/

And the list keeps going

Is there any way to delete these without having to delete each entry manually?

Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:09 AM
  • ¿Por qué la basura MSE el sistema con docenas de "Controladores que no son plug and play" llamado MpKsl ********? En este momento, tengo 22 de ellos. Pensé que se suponía que debían ser eliminados cuando un nuevo conjunto de archivos de definición se descargan.

Gracias,

Leighton

Edit: Estoy hasta los 26 ahora!
    I've the same problem
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:03 PM