none
All USB slots randomly stop working for about 20 seconds and then start working again RRS feed

• Question

• so all the usb ports including front and back just randomly turn off for about 20 seconds its really annoying because i also have a WIFI dongle so it turns off wifi and i have to sign back in and get back to whatever i was doing im also worried it may damage some of my stuff thats plugged in.

yes i restart my pc most of the time it delays it for about 2 hours then it may or may not happen randomly after that.

yes ive tried reinstalling the usb ports 

and yes ive adjusted the power management option for turning off usb slots when not used.

yes ive tried updating my drivers.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How many USB ports do you use?

If you got a power issue somewhere the device will probably reset. This in turn may cause Windows to reset all USB devices on the same controller chip.

Try a self-powered USB hub en plug as much devices as possible into that. The WIFI dongle is the first candidate.

Best regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 27, 2019 7:35 AM