none
Update Windows.Microsoft.Photos app for Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! 
    Is there a way to update a specific store app, in this case; Windows.Microsoft.Photos, in a Enterprise environment? The Windows store app is not accessible for the customer.
    We now use this script:

$namespaceName = "root\cimv2\mdm\dmmap"
    $className = "MDM_EnterpriseModernAppManagement_AppManagement01"
    $wmiObj = Get-WmiObject -Namespace $namespaceName -Class $className
    $result = $wmiObj.UpdateScanMethod()

this updates all off the store apps. Our customer only wants the Microsoft Photos to be updated.
    The customer have Windows 10 build 1803 installed with Windows.Microsoft.Photos version 2018.18011.15918.0. The customer wants to update to the latetst Photos app.
    Unfortunately I have not been able to find the solution on the internet
    Thank you in advance.

• Edited by Berts86 Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:17 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you can't use Windows store app.

I'm afraid you can't update the Microsoft Photos, you have to get the app from the Microsoft store.

About the script, I suggest you submit a new case on script forum as they will be more professional on your issue:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=scripting

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 6:33 AM
  • Hi Farena,

Thanks for your reply. We only block de store via registry setting, so it is possible to unblock that before we update the Microsoft Photo store app so the store is accessible.

I will ask my question on the scripting forum.
    Thanks!

Friday, September 13, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your posting the situation.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:38 AM