none
How many times can you re-install win7 on same comp

Question

• I was just wondering:

With the Windows 7 product key being limited to 3 computers, how many times can you re-install Windows 7 on the same computer with the same product key? (with no hardware changes)
    - JoelbX
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:37 PM

Answers

• I was just wondering:

With the Windows 7 product key being limited to 3 computers, how many times can you re-install Windows 7 on the same computer with the same product key? (with no hardware changes)
    - JoelbX

Hi JoelbX,

As many times you would like!

The August cut off date -- about seven weeks from now -- doesn't mean that those who've downloaded the Windows 7 RC will all of a sudden lose the ability to use it. In fact, Microsoft says that it can still be installed even after that cut off date.

Link to show this: http://www.infopackets.com/news/business/microsoft/2009/20090624_last_call_download_windows_7_rc_before_august_15.htm

So you are ok

• Marked as answer by JoelbX Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:16 PM
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:56 PM

All replies

• I was just wondering:

- JoelbX

Hi JoelbX,

As many times you would like!

The August cut off date -- about seven weeks from now -- doesn't mean that those who've downloaded the Windows 7 RC will all of a sudden lose the ability to use it. In fact, Microsoft says that it can still be installed even after that cut off date.

Link to show this: http://www.infopackets.com/news/business/microsoft/2009/20090624_last_call_download_windows_7_rc_before_august_15.htm

So you are ok

• Marked as answer by JoelbX Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:16 PM
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:56 PM
  • OK.

Thank you so much for your reply, I just wanted to know and be sure that I can re-install as many times as I need to!

Thanks for the extra info as well, that is also good to know.

- JoelbX
    • Edited by JoelbX Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:35 PM
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 11:16 PM