none
"BOOTMGR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART"

Question

• hi
    i got windows vista home edition yesterday, after i got it installed and stuff i was installing automatic updates and it required me to turn off my computer to install some updates and i did that, after it installed and turned off i turned it back on and it now gives me the error "BOOTMGR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL+ALT+DEL TO RESTART" i try to press ctrl+alt+del but nothing happens.

i did some research before making this thread and most solutions are inserting the orginal windows vista cd i did that and when it prompts me to press any key to boot from cd or dvd nothing happens! and goes back to the bootmgr is missing error.

im sure the keyboard is working because i can enter BIOS by pressing del but why wont it work after that?
    please help!!!!
    Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It looks like when you insert the CD/DVD that your machine is not recognizing the DVD. Ensure if you can on another machine that the media is readable and make sure that it is a Vista DVD and not jus the driver DVD which is non bootable. Also in your BIOS, change the boot sequence to boot from DVD first (which you probably have already done).

Sunday, July 27, 2008 2:44 PM