none
Hyver-V VM/host - remote control software like webex - mouse and keyboard click stops working when remote user use them on shared screen of VM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I have Windows 10 Pro hosting another Windows 10 pro as VM/Host on Hyper-V

While providing access to remote user using the remote control software like webex on the main host OS to control VM  , the mouse and keyboard click stops working when remote user use them on shared screen of VM.

The remote user using Webex can  work with mouse/keyborad successfully on the main windows10 OS  however these mouseclick or keyborad  do not work on the hosted/VM Windows 10 pro.What could be the problem here? 

As a local user , i have no issues with mouse or keyboard on VM or main Windows 10.

Please help.

Thanks, 

Sarabjit

• Edited by SarabjitH Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:15 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:07 PM

All replies

• Enable guest services on Hyper v VM

Enable-VMIntegrationService -VMName "TestVM" -Name "Guest Service Interface"

Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:20 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Guest service on main OS's Hyper-V  is already enabled under integration services option.

VM Settings Integration Services > Guest Services.

Do i also need to enable  any settings  in the guest OS/VM also? 

Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:02 PM
  • another thing i noticed that remote user is able to move the mouse cursor but cannot click or type with keyboard.

Could this be security like remote user privilege?

Thursday, September 26, 2019 3:05 PM
  • On the VM have you enabled remote management,

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\remote settings\ "Allow this computer to manage remotely"

Saturday, September 28, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 9:26 AM