none
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT THIS FORUM - PLEASE READ RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Hello everyone,

We're working to clean-up the Windows Vista forums. We have many people who are dedidcated to answering posts, but we need your help! There are too many posts in this forum that actually belong to other forums. For example, a video card driver issue belongs in the hardware forum and not in this announcements forum. We will be working to move some existing threads to the correct forum.

Please help us to help you! You are more likely to get a response to your question if you place it in the correct forum.

Thanks for your help.

-Tony Mann

Thursday, December 20, 2007 2:47 PM

All replies

• I put a post in the announcements forum because I couldn't figure out where else it should go.  I haven't had a reply and just spent another 10 min. or so wandering around trying to find another forum.  I will do my best to use the correct forum if you will remember that we are not all 'techies' and need basic clear language--on top of the fact that if we're posting here we're probably already frustrated to start with.

Here is my post, please tell me where it belongs.

I have Vista Home Premium.  This morning it took a full 5 minutes from turning on the computer to be fully functioning.  It also randomly shuts itself down and can be slow to switch between programs.  It is very frustrating.  I tried to run the performance evaluation but got an error message.  I can see  a long list of problems in the event viewer, but don't have a clue what to do with the information.  I have it set to receive automatic Vista updates, so that should be correct.  It recently completely quit on me, a call to HP (it is an HP Pavilion u5028cn) support had me uninstalling and reinstalling the memory.  These issues all existed before, but they are worse now.  How can I get this resolved short of switching to using my Mac laptop?

thank you

Sunday, July 20, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Yes there is alot of irrelavancy in a variety of these forums

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:56 AM