none
content approval - approval status field - how to show in infopath? RRS feed

• Question

• if you add content approval to a list (not workflow) it adds a field approval status and shows it on the edit form. when you change this to info path you lose this field and i can’t work out how to get it shown again (just shown don’t need to edit it, they can use the button for that). it seems like it should be there already. And I googled and can’t find anything about it other than people talking about using workflows to change it. i just want to show the field like it does before i convert to infopath not add any workflows.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi labrys,

By design, we can't get the Approval Status field in InfoPath.

As a workaround, you can create a workflow to copy the Approval Status to another field.

I tested with Both SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016 and succeed in reproducing , it is a by-design behavior.

If you need more information, you can go to user voice and post about it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by labrys Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:35 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:13 AM