none
Windows 7 won't let me edit MP3 properties

Question

• I am running Windows 7 (64bit) and have some MP3 files that does not have the song name, artist etc filled in. I tried to enter the right name, artist etc. in Media Player and it appeared to accept it, but suddenly all the properties that I had changed were gone and I was back to were I started. I found this peculiar, but started again, thinking it was a one time event. The same thing happened.

Then I decided to see if I could enter the properties directly in Explorer, without going through Media Player. The result is that I can view the properties, change them and click Apply or OK, but when I check the properties again nothing has changed.

I then tried to change the properties of some other MP3 files. For these file I am able to change the properties. I also tried to change properties on one of the problematic files on a Windows XP machine, and this PC were able to do it.

So far I have only found this to be a problem with songs for two particular folders. Other MP3's work as expected.

What could possibly be wrong..?
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 10:16 AM

Answers