none
Unable to fully connect to wifi RRS feed

• Question

• My mom purchased an Acer Aspire V5 Touch (Windows8) & it will not connect to the wifi. There is a yellow bar indicating limited access, sometimes the bar disappears but still doesn't load any sites.

• There is nothing wrong with my modem/router because i also tested it with my phones 3g (hotspot) & it wont connect to that either. 
    • I have chosen the SSid & all the settings are correct (password as well).
    • It occasionally connects for a moment(& loads sites) but the loading times are very slow. 
    • I troubleshooted many times, some results say "invalid ip configuration, problem with wiresless adapter or access points, windows cannot connect to the hidden network *my SSid*, etc."
    • I have 8 or 9 other devices connected to the wifi & they all work.  
    • I uninstalled mcafee through control panel as-well
    • It connects via wired but not wireless. 
    • The qualcomm atheros AR5BWB222 wireless network adapter is working properly. 

Security type: WPA2 Personal

Encryption type:  AES

Something is wrong with the computers settings, i am sure of it. Please help me, this is such a headache. :S

Monday, January 7, 2013 8:03 PM

Answers

• I have added the info you seek in the original post. BTW what is the difference between broadband connections & wifi. Also the laptop is connected to the wifi right now, but im sure it will lose connection in a minute. 

Actually the fault was on my service provider, they told me something was wrong with the signal to my router. It is now functional! 

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:47 PM

All replies

• What protocol do you use? I use WPA-2-PSK and have no problém. After clicking Connect and inserting passphrase I was in immediately.

Double check Device Manager, if WiFi is installed properly.

Also look into Event logs for traces to error or warning.

Reveal your findings here.

There may be rare cause of problém, namely if your computer does not fit into channels (when you bought computer in country where there are different channels.)

Regards

Milos

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:17 PM
  • I have added the info you seek in the original post. BTW what is the difference between broadband connections & wifi. Also the laptop is connected to the wifi right now, but im sure it will lose connection in a minute. 

Actually the fault was on my service provider, they told me something was wrong with the signal to my router. It is now functional! 

Monday, January 7, 2013 10:47 PM