none
Windows Media Player Control Fade Out Delay

Question

• Is there a way to have the controls (pause/play/slider) fade out faster?  It takes about 6 seconds for 'em to disappear.  I want to make it more like 1 or 2 seconds.
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 9:55 PM

Answers

• What I ended up doing is:

1. Use TweakMP so when I'm watching in fullscreen.
    2. Use Skin Mode (Corporate skin) in non-fullscreen because the controls are at the bottom of the vid.  Out of the way.  I would have preferred the normal skin, but, oh well.

• Marked as answer by eddiexvf Monday, September 19, 2011 3:06 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi eddiexvf,

Do you mean when you click Play/Pause, it reacts slowly?

When did this issue happen?

Where's your Library location? Local or network?

If you installed any add-ons or plug-ins, please temoprarily disable them then check if it works.

If not work, please perform a Clean Boot in case of any third-party service conflicts.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 2:59 AM
  • Miya, no, it doesn't react slowly, the controls disappears slowly.  For example, when I play a vid, I want the controls to go away faster instead of lingering for about 6 seconds.  They get in the way of watching the vid.

Here's an example of the controls:

Saturday, September 17, 2011 5:34 PM
  • You should be able to change that timeout with the TweakMP powertoy.

Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Thanks, Tim, however, it (TweakMP) only does it Fullscreen.
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 7:39 PM
  • What I ended up doing is:

1. Use TweakMP so when I'm watching in fullscreen.
    2. Use Skin Mode (Corporate skin) in non-fullscreen because the controls are at the bottom of the vid.  Out of the way.  I would have preferred the normal skin, but, oh well.

• Marked as answer by eddiexvf Monday, September 19, 2011 3:06 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 3:05 AM