none
Pulling x64 Windows 7 Update drivers to an x86 Machine

Question

• Searched aroung but cannot find.  I have a Windows Home Server x86 (WHS) and added a Samsung CLP-310 printer as a shared USB printer on the home network.  No preloaded software or x64 drivers available on the OEM disk.  I plugged in and the WHS loaded the appropriate drivers and all x86 clients print fine.  Went to add additional drivers for x64 and it prompts for disk, I have none nor do I know where any are.

Plugged the printer into my windows 7 x64 machine and hit windows update and all the x64 printer drivers loaded and the printer works fine direct from the laptop USB.  It will not print when the printer is attached to the WHS on the x86 system. 

Clearly I need to load the x64 drivers on the x86 WHS, I just don't know how to get them off my x64 laptop to the x86 WHS.  I also don't know how to tell the x86 WHS to go out to MS and find the x64 drivers.

Frustrating since each machine can find the drivers it needs, but not the other.

Any help on loading x64 drivers for a Samsung printer on a x86 machine would be appreciated or tell me how to get the drivers off my x64 laptop and on to the x86 machine.

Thanks.

robc

Friday, November 06, 2009 5:10 AM

Answers

• Sorry, you were right.  Should have posted in WHS forum however it's causing me pain on my Window 7 x64.  My Windows 7 x86 print fine.  Apologies to all.  BTW, I did get the problem fixed.  Finding the x64 drivers and installing is not intuitive, but after a few trial and errors, they installed.  Shame I can't repeat what I did.

cheers, and appreciate your responses.

robc
    • Marked as answer by RSmokos Friday, November 06, 2009 11:19 PM
    Friday, November 06, 2009 11:19 PM

All replies

• Searched aroung but cannot find.  I have a Windows Home Server x86 (WHS) and added a Samsung CLP-310 printer as a shared USB printer on the home network.  No preloaded software or x64 drivers available on the OEM disk.  I plugged in and the WHS loaded the appropriate drivers and all x86 clients print fine.  Went to add additional drivers for x64 and it prompts for disk, I have none nor do I know where any are.

Plugged the printer into my windows 7 x64 machine and hit windows update and all the x64 printer drivers loaded and the printer works fine direct from the laptop USB.  It will not print when the printer is attached to the WHS on the x86 system. 

Clearly I need to load the x64 drivers on the x86 WHS, I just don't know how to get them off my x64 laptop to the x86 WHS.  I also don't know how to tell the x86 WHS to go out to MS and find the x64 drivers.

Frustrating since each machine can find the drivers it needs, but not the other.

Any help on loading x64 drivers for a Samsung printer on a x86 machine would be appreciated or tell me how to get the drivers off my x64 laptop and on to the x86 machine.

Thanks.

robc

You actually need to be in the Windows Home Server forum for assistance with your situation.  Perhaps someone can get you there.

And, the 64-bit drivers are on your disc in the unified driver software.  You can also go to Samsung website and download the Nov 06, 2009, updated software.  It has both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers in one package.

But I think you still need to find the WHS forum for directions on solving your problem.
    Friday, November 06, 2009 12:35 PM
  • Friday, November 06, 2009 4:22 PM
  • Sorry, you were right.  Should have posted in WHS forum however it's causing me pain on my Window 7 x64.  My Windows 7 x86 print fine.  Apologies to all.  BTW, I did get the problem fixed.  Finding the x64 drivers and installing is not intuitive, but after a few trial and errors, they installed.  Shame I can't repeat what I did.

cheers, and appreciate your responses.

robc
    • Marked as answer by RSmokos Friday, November 06, 2009 11:19 PM
    Friday, November 06, 2009 11:19 PM
  • Hi

My orating system is windows 7 64 bit OS. I had install Hp laserjet 1300 printer on it. After i shired printer in windows 7 32bit OS asking for drivers manually. i cant find drivers for windows 7 32 bit OS. How can i setup network printer for windows 7 32bit OS.

Pls help me.

Monday, July 26, 2010 10:24 AM