none
Hyper- V related bug noticed in Windows 2008 Service Pack 2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have noticed a bug in Windows 2008 SP2. After the installation of Windows 2008 SP2, my virtual network adapter for Hyper-V lost its gateway IP address value and it just does not let me update the gateway IP address value. Whenever I try to update the gateway IP address - It asks for a reboot for it to take effect (which normally should not be the case!). Even if I reboot the system, still the change does not take effect and the IP address of the gateway still remains missing.

Also I noticed another bug when I tried to uninstall the Hyper-V for Windows 2008 after the SP2 was installed - It does not let me uninstall the Hyper-V virtual adapter and the uninstall returns an error!
    I got stuck bad into this now and planning to somehow uninstall the SP2 - till more bug fixes come in. But thanks to MS for bringing updates so fast! kudos to your Dev team!

- Sajit
    • Edited by Sajit PS Wednesday, December 25, 2013 1:30 AM
    Friday, January 2, 2009 3:24 AM

All replies

• I felt most of the bugs are fixed in Windows 2008 R2 (the equivant on the client end is Windows 7). I am testing the Beta for sometime and I'm prett happy with performance of the Beta of both Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 - so far!! (excluding the minor bugs).

- Sajit

Road Trip
    • Edited by Sajit PS Wednesday, December 25, 2013 2:03 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2009 8:49 PM
  • I have completed 4 months of intensive testing of the Windows 2008 R2 Beta. I have utilized the Hyper-V in the most demanding manner running upto 10 operating systems simultaneously on a single physical hardware. The strain on the platform was so high that I had even got one of the brand new Western Digital hard disk hosting the Hyper-V guest to fail - but the OS is going stable as a rock! I am running the client operating system Windows XP and Windows 7 Beta client solely over the Hyper-V over the past few months and its going steady and stable as a rock. I am extremely happy about the performance of Windows 2008 R2 Beta and definitely its much more stable than the Windows 2008 - just waiting for all the peripheral drivers from various vendors to be available (the good thing is that the OS is loaded with the drivers for most of the peripherals - the only peripheral that I could not get working is my printer - again nowadays you do not normally expect a printer to be connected directly to a Windows server!). You guys at MS Development team really rock!!!

- Sajit

Urban Country Blog

• Edited by Sajit PS Wednesday, December 25, 2013 1:44 AM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:03 AM
  • I felt most of the bugs are fixed in Windows 2008 R2 (the equivant on the client end is Windows 7). I am testing the Beta for sometime and I'm prett happy with performance of the Beta of both Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 - so far!! (excluding the minor bugs).

- Sajit

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 1:31 AM
  • Better to upgrade to Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 2016.

- Sajit

123 movies app

Friday, October 26, 2018 8:39 PM
  • https://sggreek.com/watch-movies-online-on-123movies/
    Saturday, August 10, 2019 5:17 AM