none
Printer not mapping on client pc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Printer not mapping on client pc, and am manually add network printer but error message is getting like this..

Windows cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. please close some programs and try again.

Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try update your printer driver to newest version for good measure.

To me it appears like Vista's IRP Stack size is in error and gives those out of memory errors. I already checked the parameter in Windows 7.

Many similar cases have been resolved with the help of this. Hope it helps you too.

“Set in the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

The default value of the IRPStackSize parameter is 15. The range is from 11 (0xb hexadecimal) through 50 (0x32 hexadecimal).

If the subkey is not present, you can use Registry Editor to add the subkey. To do this, follow these steps: 1.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.

2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

3. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

4. Type IRPStackSize, and then press ENTER to name the value.

Note Type IRPStackSize exactly as it is displayed. The value name is case sensitive.

5. Click Edit, and then click Modify.

6. In the Data Value box, type the value that is appropriate for the network, and then click OK.

If the problem persists after you complete this procedure, increase the value of IRPStackSize even more.”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/285089/en-us

It is an old KB article which applies to Windows XP, but same solution has resolved many I/O problem in Windows VISTA, 7, 8.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 1:42 AM