none
Is Lexmark X2350 All-in-One printer compatible with Windows 7 ??

Question

• Hello,

I have a question.
    Is Lexmark X2350 All-in-one printer compatible with windows 7.
    I have the drivers for Vista but will it works on Windows 7.

Thank you everybody.....

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:38 PM

Answers

• Yes it is, You can download the driver from Lexmark website.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:40 PM
  • Search from the following website.

Lexmark - United States

Please download the driver for Windows Vista.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:27 AM

All replies

• Yes it is, You can download the driver from Lexmark website.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:40 PM
  • Search from the following website.

Lexmark - United States

Please download the driver for Windows Vista.

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:27 AM
  • Actually my X2470 did NOT work at first.  BUT:

Here's how I got my Lexmark printer to work in Windows 7:

I have a X2470, but hopefully this will work for others as well.

1. Download the Vista drivers for your printer.  For me it was cjr2400EN.exe

2. Do NOT click on the file to execute it!  Instead, right click it and unzip to another folder (mine was named cjr2400EN).

3. In that folder, find Setup.exe.  Right click on that file.

3. In Properties, select Compatibility.

4. Select Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows Vista

5. At the bottom, check Run this program as an administrator.

6. Click Apply and ok.

7. Then, click on the setup file as you normally would to install.  From that point on my install was normal and the printer seems to work fine. 

Hope this helps!
    Friday, May 08, 2009 12:59 PM
  • Yes, My Lexmark X2350 works now fine on Windows 7. Thanks all :D:D

Friday, May 08, 2009 2:44 PM
  • I guess im not getting the luck you guys are having. I have been trying to install my Lexmark Z715 and it seems as if every way i try, the result is always that it doesnt works. I have tried practically everything. Any thoughts?
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:03 PM
  • Bryce: Did you try getting the Vista driver for Z715 from Lexmark's Website:
    http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_1019285789_0_en,00.html, the one for "Z700 Series" should work for you.
    Then try the steps by 'wetherb67' and let us know if that works.

Friday, May 15, 2009 2:25 PM
  • wetherb67, Thanks for the step-by-step.  I applied it to my X2500 and everything seemed to work fine except when i go to print I get the 'lexmark voice' saying "Please note the message on your screen".  The message on my screen is: Communication Not Available, Please turn on "Enable Bidirectional Communication" setting.  When I go to printer properties, I am able to check the appropriate box, but it does not save my changes because if I return to the screen the box is not checked.  Any thoughts?
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:00 PM
  • hello  

lam looking for Lexmark x2350 drivers but  I don't know how can I get it ? Could you please  tell me  about your place  ? Many thanks 
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 1:55 PM
  • I was having the same problem, and so had to go through a few more steps than was laid out above. I don't know why this particular combination works, but I've tried it with two x2350 printers on two different machines (one running Win 7 Ultimate, on running Win 7 Home Premium), and while it's klunky. I am printing. Anyway, the full procedure can be found in this article about the X2350 under Windows 7 on my blog.

Hope this helps!
    Friday, September 18, 2009 2:23 PM
  • This is rediculous. After taking 4 hours to install Winsows 7, having to scrub my AppleTV and reinsatll from scratch the next issue is that I have to fight my way through all the detail on the web regarding why my Lexmark printer will now not work. Thankfully after reading the detail in http://a1.blogspot.com/2009/09/things-we-do-to-save-some-money-lexmark.html it appears that I am getting this printer to work.

Now I know my way around most computer issues but the ordinary person may not be so lucky.

Why is this so hard!!!!!

What am I going to find next that I need to fix.

And after all this I still look like I have Vista on my system with a new shiney toolbar.

Yes I am ranting. But I feel justified. $100+ and 8 hours of my personal time.

Why can two big hitters like Lexmark and Microsoft not get it right for once. I am so surpised that there is not yet a windows 7 driver available after the RC has been available for months.

Saturday, October 24, 2009 2:06 AM
  • Hi player68,

Lexmark X2350 drivers and software can use to link to the page.
    Easy come

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 5:51 PM
  • Thanks for the post wetherb67. People, if you're having problems....AT ALL...installing a lexmark printer on Windows 7 or Vista...please read wetherb67's post...entirely....step by step. It works. 
    Friday, August 20, 2010 4:38 AM
  • Hey, I just installed my LEXMARK 2580 All-In-One and it got that same: ENABLE BIDIRECTIONAL COMMUNICATION message. When I set it in the printer's Port tab of properties, the check in the box went away, as well.      SOOO...,  I updated my computer's BIOS to reflect my parallel port to be ECP and some expanded(?) suboption under that; again set the check-box in the printer's properties/port tab, and voila, now I can print. (Yes, my printer is USB connected; probably the "bidirectional" thing is a hold-over in the driver from LPT1 days.) 

Something else, you may want to check.  Chances are, people will be installing drivers on newer, 64-bit computers.  I found the proper driver for Windows 7 64-bit for Lex 2580 all-in-one from a link on the MICROSOFT website.  No mention of it was apparent on Lexmark's website.  However the microsoft link pointed to a download buried in the Lexmark site.  Hope this helps.

Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:21 PM
  • I am not sure that wetherb67's solution works, but I know for sure that this worked right away for me. I had the exact same error message. I am currently using Windows 7 OS. My printer allows me to scan images from its scanner but I could not print anything.

FINALLY HERE IS THE SIMPLE SOLUTION!!!!!!!

1. Click START

2. Go to Devices and Printers

3. RIGHT CLICK on your printer

4. Click on PRINTER PROPERTIES (be careful not to click on regular "properties"; make sure its "printer properties"

5. Click on the PORTS tab at the top

6. Check the "Enable Bidirectional Support" at the bottom

7. Click APPLY

Your problem should now be solved. HAPPY PRINTING :)

• Proposed as answer by caribgenius Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:24 AM
    Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:35 PM
  • I am not sure that wetherb67's solution works, but I know for sure that this worked right away for me. I had the exact same error message. I am currently using Windows 7 OS. My printer allows me to scan images from its scanner but I could not print anything.

FINALLY HERE IS THE SIMPLE SOLUTION!!!!!!!

1. Click START

2. Go to Devices and Printers

3. RIGHT CLICK on your printer

4. Click on PRINTER PROPERTIES (be careful not to click on regular "properties"; make sure its "printer properties"

5. Click on the PORTS tab at the top

6. Check the "Enable Bidirectional Support" at the bottom

7. Click APPLY

Your problem should now be solved. HAPPY PRINTING :)

Are you running win 32? The enable check does NOT save on my 64bit
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:16 PM
  • No. I am not running 32 bit. I am running on 64bit. Remember to hit APPLY after you check "Enable Bidirectional Support".
    Thursday, March 03, 2011 12:22 AM
  • You are a frickin genius! A BIOS update solved this for me as well!!!
    Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:17 AM
  • So that's where it is!!! I was hunting all over for it! Thank you caribgenius! 
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 1:46 AM
  • I have tried both ways that most of the posts have had on here including this one and I still cannot get the driver to work on my boyfriends Windows 7 computer. Its really kind of frustrating...when I right click on the printer it doesn't have the option for Printer Properties. So I'm not sure what is going on with it.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:50 AM