none
User Priviliges for Shared Local drive RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Mr./Mrs.!

I have a problem at my workplace, this is about a shared drive what contains the "Everybody" write/read options.

I want to set the nearest 4 lan computers to allow only write/read the shared drive. (folder)
    However in the building a lots of computers appears on the network and for them I want to restrict the whole drive.
    Perhaps some of them only readable privileges.

I can't find a way, to add exactly PC-s over the lan with their names (Secretary1,Secretary2... etc) to write/read.
    Or just (Minion1,Minion2... etc to read)
    And else (Netural1,Netural2... etc to restrict the whole network shared drive.)

Please help me in this matter, the Hungarian interface helpdesk sent me here to get informed.

Regards,
    Adam
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 11:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,

The shared folder can share with write/read permission via users name/group/Built-in security principals.

If you want to restrict PC with write/read permission, I think you could share with write/read permission for user account, and use this account to access the shared folder PC.

If I use the account with read permission to access the PC, I can’t change the shared folder.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:54 AM
    Monday, February 26, 2018 6:42 AM
  •  

Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:57 AM
  •  

Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Friday, March 2, 2018 7:54 AM
  • The picture (Exactly this menu) with the black line censoded user privileges are (I know this is illustration) the solution to add network comupters to?

Because these are just local groups at first, in one computer.

I can add computers with network names to this?
    Friday, March 9, 2018 9:32 PM
  • Hi,

The shared folder can share with specific user account not computer.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:49 AM