none
Apps won'topen on desktop

Question

• I cannot open anything when I click on apps on the desktop.  How can I solve this?
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To enable us to help you better, you need to provide more details about your issue.
    What do you see on the desktop, Can you shutdown by Start button, What apps are on the desktop??? and so on.  

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Saturday, November 11, 2017 3:26 AM
  • hi... I'm running Windows7 SVC PK1 on my Dell OptiPlex 745 and am experiencing the same problem, only I'd been hijacked and when I went to set my default programs virtually all the file associations were unknown... the main problem I believe being with the LNK because the person had defaulted all of them to Media Center. Everything I tried to open.. Media Center was front and center. like I said all the program/file associations were "unknown" so I picked internet explorer or rather a tool or part of IE and now no shortcuts, links, etc...I would love to know of a program I could associate with LNK... I reinstalled the OS... sorry this probably wasn't much help but I believe I have the same difficulities you're having - good luck
    Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:15 AM
  • Hi jplerhoples,

Press winlogo + X > windows powershell admin >First : copy and paste one of the commands below and hit enter key and wait until that takes end. Do the next 

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Second: hit enter key after each command

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth 
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Third: This command can be done 2 or 3 times before restarting your computer, hit enter key after each command

SFC /SCANNOW 

Restart your computer and let us know if that resolved your issue.

Momominta

Saturday, November 11, 2017 12:41 PM
  • Hi, 

Is there any certain errors or appears when this issue happened?

Please make sure to not use build-in administrator account to sign in. Let's create a new users accounts in computer management and login to check the results. 

Let's know if there is any update. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 10:25 AM
  • Hi, 

Is there any update on your issue?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 1:52 AM
  • Hi, 

I just would like to know if there is any further question on this issue. 

Friday, November 17, 2017 7:03 AM