none
How to fix Win 7 / Media player 12 problems dealing with VOB files

Question

• I have encountered two problems in dealing with VOB files since I switched from XP to Win 7.

1) When I try to play a vob file, Win 7 / mp12 can't do it. I previously found a solution to this by:  "Click "Turn Window Features on or off".
     Expand Media Features and un-check the box in front of Windows Media Player. " etc, but now the problem is back again.

2) I want to extract the audio from a vob file to mp3, like I've done numerous times on XP. But now with Win 7, everytime I try to do this, the last few minutes of the vob file are left out. I guess this is due to some problem dealing with file compression.

How do I fix these problems??

Thanks

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 8:37 PM

Answers

• I solved the MP 12 not playing vob's by using "windows.7.codec.pack.v2.6.1.setup.exe".

The loss of the last few minutes of vob files was due to me not realizing that the main vob files were themselves a few minutes short, and were set to get the last few minutes from a small vob file on  the disk - go figure...

• Marked as answer by RJA999 Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:58 PM
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:58 PM

All replies

• Which tool did you install to extract the audio? If you installed a third party tools, the Codec pack with the tool may be installed. If any codec included in the pack is not compatible with Windows 7, you will encounter issues when opening media files. In this case I suggest you remove the third party tool and install Windows Live Movie Maker instead.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, November 05, 2010 7:43 AM
  • I solved the MP 12 not playing vob's by using "windows.7.codec.pack.v2.6.1.setup.exe".

The loss of the last few minutes of vob files was due to me not realizing that the main vob files were themselves a few minutes short, and were set to get the last few minutes from a small vob file on  the disk - go figure...

• Marked as answer by RJA999 Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:58 PM
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 9:58 PM