none
I have an "ENCRYPTION VIRUS" RRS feed

• Question

• I HAVE WINDOWS 10 SINCE i DO NOT SEE THAT UP THERE TO ASK A QUESTION i WENT HERE. ONE DAY I WENT THROUGH MY EMAIL AND SINCE I AM AN EBAYER I THOUGHT THIS ONE THAT SAID UPS FAIL TO DELIVER, OF COURSE I BUY AND SELL ON EBAY AND I WANT TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY. I OPEN THE FILE AND THEIR WAS AN ATTACHMENT I DIDN'T THINK ANYTHING OF IT I HIT TO DOWNLOAD IT, WHEN IN SECONDS MY COMPUTER AND MY CELL PHONE AND MY HUSBAND CELL PHONE AND COMPUTER WAS IN INFECTED WITH THIS ENCRYPTION VIRUS. EVEN MY ONEDRIVE WITH ALL THESE VIDEOS AND PHOTOS EVERYTHING. I HAVE BEEN SICK ABOUT IT. I HAVE BEEN TO EVERY WEBSITE KNOWN TO MAN AND DOWNLOADING PROGRAMS THAT ISN'T DOING THE JOB AT ALL. I AM AT MY WITS END! HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO PLEASE THANK YOU! 
    Friday, June 17, 2016 5:10 AM

Answers

• Hi MRS. RENEE COX,

According to your description, I fully understand the inconvenience you have encountered. For the encryption virus, it could cause the data loss. In order to protect your private date better, I suggest that we could contact your local Security Center. Certainly we could try kill the virus in the Safe Mode. If your computer has a system restore point, I suggest that we could try system restore to repair.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, June 20, 2016 10:14 AM

All replies