none
Clean Install Using OEM Key – Windows 7

Question

• I just purchased an HP laptop packed with unwanted and hard to remove software. Can I clean install using the OEM key provided with computer?

Saturday, May 29, 2010 2:26 AM

Answers

• If you can get an install disk - yes.

Contact the OEM computer manufacturer and ask them to send you an install disk for your computer - they may or may not do it. If they agree to send you one they may charge a small fee.

Experienced members of this forum know that neither HP nor any other well known OEM provide any alternative to the OEM branded media that was shipped.

Here's a thread containing some hints which may be helpful in your search.  Another thread of interest:  Installing Windows 7 OEM DVD using HP OEM Key

July 15, 2010.    Unfortunately, the first link was just censored.

That moderator prefers you to use Google, or the Torrents, or a more helpful Forum.  Take your choice.

Here's a post with direct download links that hasn't been molested yet.

January 7, 2011.    That one's gone too.  See the effect I have?

Never fear.  There are about 150 more like that right here in this forum.

• Marked as answer by Dan LV Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:24 PM
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:30 AM

All replies

Contact the OEM computer manufacturer and ask them to send you an install disk for your computer - they may or may not do it. If they agree to send you one they may charge a small fee.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 4:42 AM
  • meantime you can try software like

Pc Decrapfiler http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/home

Revouninstaller Free version http://www.revouninstaller.com/

to remove unwanted software and for antivirus always take the uninstaller tool (e.g kapersky removal tool, norton removal tool...)

give it a try

Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:09 AM

Experienced members of this forum know that neither HP nor any other well known OEM provide any alternative to the OEM branded media that was shipped.

Here's a thread containing some hints which may be helpful in your search.  Another thread of interest:  Installing Windows 7 OEM DVD using HP OEM Key

July 15, 2010.    Unfortunately, the first link was just censored.

That moderator prefers you to use Google, or the Torrents, or a more helpful Forum.  Take your choice.

Here's a post with direct download links that hasn't been molested yet.

January 7, 2011.    That one's gone too.  See the effect I have?

Never fear.  There are about 150 more like that right here in this forum.

• Marked as answer by Dan LV Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:24 PM
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:30 AM
  • I just purchased an HP laptop packed with unwanted and hard to remove software. Can I clean install using the OEM key provided with computer?

Since you have an HP laptop that came with Windows 7 installed, you need to contact HP Tech Support as they are fully responsible for Windows 7 pre-installed on the computers they sell.  If anything goes wrong with your installation it may void your warranty.  Microsoft does not provide support for OEM installations of any of their products - the OEM is responsible for full support!
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:02 PM
  • One of the first links "mobopie" posted was excellent. Thank you!

Anyone coming across this thread, all the answers are here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/microsoft-windows-7/428068-legal-windows-7-download-links-just-like-vista-before.html

Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:48 PM
  • Anyway, all you need is a win 7 DVD, the product key and the OEM licence certificate.
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 7:53 PM