SharePoint 2016 Branding - Suite Nav Bar Changes RRS feed

• Question

• I'm attempting to update the Suite Nav Bar in SharePoint 2016 but running into issues.

1. How do I hide SuiteNavBrandingText?  I tried using powershell but the word "SharePoint" appears.  Ex.  $webapp.suitenavbrandingtext = "" shows "SharePoint" text.  I'm using "DEV" as a placeholder.  Is there css I can use to hide this text?  See image.

2.  I added a banner image to the Suite Nav Bar using $webapp.suitenavbrandinglogourl and manipulated height and width using .o365cs-base.o365cs-topnavBGColor-2.  However, the height spills into the browse and page bar.  See image.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi C1TonyB,

If it's a Site level open the Master Page in SharePoint Designer and place the below code under the below highlighted line. Then give it a try.

<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="Themable/corev15.css" runat="server" />

<script type='text/javascript' src='//code.jquery.com/jquery.min.js'></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var suitebar = $("#suiteBar");
    var branding = suitebar.find(".ms-core-brandingText");
    display: none !important;
    </script>

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:55 PM

All replies

• Hi C1TonyB,

If it's a Site level open the Master Page in SharePoint Designer and place the below code under the below highlighted line. Then give it a try.

<SharePoint:CssRegistration Name="Themable/corev15.css" runat="server" />

<script type='text/javascript' src='//code.jquery.com/jquery.min.js'></script>
    var suitebar = $("#suiteBar");
    var branding = suitebar.find(".ms-core-brandingText");
    display: none !important;
    </script>

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 11:55 PM
  • Hi,

You can add the snippet below in the html file of the master page applied using SharePoint Designer 2013, under the tag “<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />”.

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    $( document ).ready(function() {
    	$("span.o365cs-nav-brandingText:contains('SharePoint')").hide();
    });
    </script>

“o365cs-nav-brandingText” is the class name for “SharePoint”, which you can get using IE developer tool.

It might take a while for the snippet to take effect due to browser cache.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I want to change SharePoint 2016 branding name. I applied below Code on seattle master page. This code is changing the name of SharePoint on main page when I open any project then again SharePoint name shows “SharePoint”

I want to change on all page if i open any project the changed name to show. Please Let me know if anyone has a solution.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<script type="text/javascript"><o:p></o:p>

$(document).ready(function() {<o:p></o:p>

var suiteBar = $("#suiteBar").find(".o365cs-nav-brandingText");<o:p></o:p>

suiteBar.html("<a style='color:white' href='http://stagingsp16/'>Test</a>"); <o:p></o:p>

});<o:p></o:p>

</script><o:p></o:p>

<style><o:p></o:p>

.o365cs-nav-brandingText {<o:p></o:p>

text-indent: -95px;<o:p></o:p>

}<o:p></o:p>

.o365cs-nav-brandingText:after { <o:p></o:p>

content: "Test.";<o:p></o:p>

}<o:p></o:p>

</style>

Regards,

Shamraiz