none
LAPS not generate the passwords RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

I have installed LAPS on my environment, and deployed the MSI for all users via GPO and its shown in program file for users.

and I have checked the AdmPwd.dll file in the Program file\laps\cse. And its appeared.

but, no password is generated.

after troubleshooting i have found that i need to run this command in the cmd

regsvr32.exe Admpwd.dll

after run this command the password is appeared.

my question is.

there are solution to run this command for all user from Group Policy?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

We can copy the AdmPwd.dll file to all the clients we want and registry this AdmPwd.dll file through GPO user logon sripts, please try the following steps:

1. Share the AdmPwd.dll file to users or groups we want.

2. Edit the logon script and put this bat script to the following path:

2.1. The script content is: copy \\2019standard\laps\AdmPwd.dll C:\Users\%username%
    regsvr32.exe C:\Users\%username%\AdmPwd.dll

2.2. Save the above file as .bat file.
    2.3. Put the bat file to the path: \\Domain Name\SYSVOL\Domain Name\Policies\{GUID of LAPS GPO}\User\Scripts\Logon

Tips: In my case, the GUID of LAPS logon script is {1DDE2EAA-7406-484C-9900-A934328CD987}.

3. Create an OU and put the users we want into this OU.

4. Create a GPO and edit it as below:

Navigate to User Configuration\Windows settings \Scripts (Logon/Logoff)\ double click Logon \click Add button\Browse \find the script in the above path.

5. Logoff and logon one client with the one above user, we can see the AdmPwd.dll is registered successfully.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 11, 2019 3:44 AM
  • Hi,
    Have we tried the above steps?

If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Again thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, November 18, 2019 1:15 AM
  • Hi Sir Daisy, Thanks for your response and the follow up, and  I am very sorry for the delay of response. i was seek. However, i want to inform you that, the file(AdmPwd.dll) is already published through group policy and i can find it on Program file\laps\cse\AdmPwd.dll

but the problem is the registration. Anyway i will try to give you the feedback

Monday, November 18, 2019 12:08 PM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your update. I am looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Hello Sir @Daisy ,

unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:56 PM
  • Hi,
    Would you please show us the detailed steps? And I will check these steps.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Hi,
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any result. And if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to tell us in the forum. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, November 22, 2019 10:12 AM