I would like to know why you want to install RD Connection Shell version 6.0.6001?
Based on my knowledge, there is Remote Desktop Connection Shell Version 6.1.7061 installed in Windows 7, you could check it via the following steps:
1. To open Remote Desktop Connection, click Start, point to All programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
The Remote Desktop Connection dialog box appears.
2. Click the computer icon in the upper-left corner of the title bar, and then click About.
Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Thank you for your reply.
I wanted to install this shell version to check the RDP connection performance. ..( actually I am in the process of troubleshooting the RD Web Access performace in my Windows 7 PC).
RD Web Access works without any performance issues in Windows XP, in Windows 7 the application takes lot time to load.....Can you please help me with this...
Thanks and Regards
would you please let us know the most of the time for load will hang at which party? connect to the server or prepare for the desktop?
As i known, we use the RD web Access on a web page, would this issue still occurs when you use the MSTSC.EXE?
All the windows 7 PCs have this issue?
To avoid the 3th party software influence, please boot the window 7 pc to clean boot via the following steps for test.
1) Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2) Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
3) On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4) On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5) Click OK, Choose Don’t show this message again and then click Restart.
6) Test the RD web access agian.
If you want to start Windows normally after you do the test, Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. On the General tab, click Normal Startup. Click OK, Choose Don’t show this message again and then click Restart.
“Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.”
Thank you Kevin,
Sorry for the delayed reply. Even though we use webpage for RD web access, while launching an application from web access it still uses the RDP connection.( Mean to say, when you click on an icon in the webpage of RD Web access, it still connects through the RDP shell to the remo0te server).