none
Mapped Network Drives not showing in Explorer or Net Use RRS feed

• Question

• I recently set up a new Win7 Pro computer for someone at my work, however, an important drive that is normally automatically mapped by our DC (Windows Server 2012 I believe) isn't mapping correctly.

Normally, our DC maps Name$ onto drive G:, however there isn't even a letter G: in explorer or Net Use in cmd and when I tried to map something to G: it says that something is already mapped there. Related but not as pressing, is the fact that F: is also gone which I had to manually remap that drive to a different letter. However since an individual's personal drive is mapped automatically by our DC to G:, I'm not sure what to do.

I've tried to map something there via Explorer and net use \\Server\Share and I've tried G: /delete with no luck. I've tried killing and restarting explorer as well as rebooting a myriad of times to no avail. I've tried following the fixes in another thread, but alas, my bane still looms. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:15 PM

Answers

• SOLVED:

I figured it out. The letters that were normally used were being mapped to Removable Disks, so I moved those removable disks to different letters.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:25 PM

All replies

• Update:
    I was told that the reason why I can't even see G: is because, like C: and D:, it is mapped to a local drive. Regardless, G: is still not visible anywhere on the computer.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 6:18 PM
  • SOLVED:

I figured it out. The letters that were normally used were being mapped to Removable Disks, so I moved those removable disks to different letters.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015 8:25 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to see your problem resolved, thanks for your sharing with your solution.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 24, 2015 7:51 AM