none
Windows Insider Preview Download Error: Message Code 715-123130 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

For the past couple of months, I have attempted to download various Windows Insider Previews, such as Windows Insider Preview ISOs, Windows 10 IoT Insider, and Windows Admin Center Preview for Servers, from the Windows Insider Preview Downloads page.  I am registered with the Windows Insider program, yet, every time I attempt to download from the site, I am presented with Error:  We encountered a problem with your request.  Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance.  Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID df76a642-ca8a-4795-98e4-53a2f15a7707.  Whether using Edge, IE11, or Opera, I obtain the same result across multiple devices.

I attempted to contact Microsoft Support as indicated, but they were of little assistance.  The typical response from MS Support is that you are using an Insider Preview version, and that is prone to errors.  However, I am not attempting to download Windows Insider Preview from a device running Insider Preview.  I run the Insider Previews inside of a Virtual Machine (Hyper-V).

Searching the web, other users have run into this same issue and presented with the same frustration when contacting Microsoft Support.  A few users have determined that their IP is blocked from the Windows Insider download server.  With this information, I turned on the VPN function in the Opera browser where I popped up in Europe opposed to my IP based in the United States.  Sure enough, I was able download from the Windows Insider download server!

So the question is, how do I get Microsoft to unblock my IP address from the Windows Insider download server?  I am not doing anything nefarious.  I enjoy testing the new builds and providing feedback.

Thanks!

Joe

Additional updated information as of 06MAR2019.  I receive the same error as above with a different IP address but my Windows Insider registered Microsoft Account.  When I created a new Microsoft Account and registered it with the Windows Insider program, I am still unable to download with my IP address.  Using my phone as a hotspot (different IP address), I am not able to download with my originally registered Microsoft Account; however, I am able to download with the newly created and registered Microsoft Account.  I am not sure why I am being blocked from the Windows Insider Program downloads.
    • Edited by AverageJoeNY Wednesday, March 6, 2019 4:35 PM Updated Information.
    Monday, February 25, 2019 9:21 AM

All replies

• Same problem here but microsoft is not replying to the problem

Saturday, October 12, 2019 6:56 AM
  • Hello Surazz A,

I never received a response from Microsoft.  Several weeks after I posted my above message on Technet, I was mysteriously able to download Insider previews again.

Hopefully they will unblock you too.

Thanks,

Joe

Sunday, October 13, 2019 11:37 AM
  • Hello,

For the past couple of months, I have attempted to download various Windows Insider Previews, such as Windows Insider Preview ISOs, Windows 10 IoT Insider, and Windows Admin Center Preview for Servers, from the Windows Insider Preview Downloads page.  I am registered with the Windows Insider program, yet, every time I attempt to download from the site, I am presented with Error:  We encountered a problem with your request.  Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance.  Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID df76a642-ca8a-4795-98e4-53a2f15a7707.  Whether using Edge, IE11, or Opera, I obtain the same result across multiple devices.

I attempted to contact Microsoft Support as indicated, but they were of little assistance.  The typical response from MS Support is that you are using an Insider Preview version, and that is prone to errors.  However, I am not attempting to download Windows Insider Preview from a device running Insider Preview.  I run the Insider Previews inside of a Virtual Machine (Hyper-V).

Searching the web, other users have run into this same issue and presented with the same frustration when contacting Microsoft Support.  A few users have determined that their IP is blocked from the Windows Insider download server.  With this information, I turned on the VPN function in the Opera browser where I popped up in Europe opposed to my IP based in the United States.  Sure enough, I was able download from the Windows Insider download server!

So the question is, how do I get Microsoft to unblock my IP address from the Windows Insider download server?  I am not doing anything nefarious.  I enjoy testing the new builds and providing feedback.

Thanks!

Joe

Additional updated information as of 06MAR2019.  I receive the same error as above with a different IP address but my Windows Insider registered Microsoft Account.  When I created a new Microsoft Account and registered it with the Windows Insider program, I am still unable to download with my IP address.  Using my phone as a hotspot (different IP address), I am not able to download with my originally registered Microsoft Account; however, I am able to download with the newly created and registered Microsoft Account.  I am not sure why I am being blocked from the Windows Insider Program downloads.

Got the same issue, but no explanation about the reason for the problem.

I tried a few times because on the first attempt it was just hanging after selecting the ISO I needed.

It looks like I can get around using VPN, but the download takes forever....

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:11 AM