Firstly, this Win 7 32bit has transformed my crappy laptop into a superstar...with the exception of sound. It will not load the sound drivers and the Vista drivers for my laptop from the HP site won't install. I get message: "error: driver installation failed: could not find the media device for this driver".
Compaq v5000 w/Sempron
DeviceID for the multimeda device
I tried to load every kind of driver I found online using the Vista compatability mode, or the "Have Disk" option.
Even without sound, I'll keep this release. In 3 weeks time, I have to use this laptop toshow a video on our company projector. If I don't have sound by then, I'll install XP. But I hope I can keep Win 7 on it!
I have the exactly the same problem but on the 64 bits version
i've installed the realtek driver
Now the PCI card is datected, but can't start
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
- Marked as answer by Adam M MCP Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:39 PM
I've been talking to some professionals for a week,And still no luck with vista's sound on my system,I was left with 2 options go back
to windows xp media edition or get a usb to 1/8 connector with built in drivers or usb speakers.Both can be found on ebay for less the $15 USD.
Finally got it to work!
- Visited http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx and searched for Contexant AC link audio
- There were 100+ matches, out of the ones that I downloaded, the succeeded one was "Conexant - Sound - Conexant AC-Link Audio" - version 126.96.36.1997
- Downloaded it and unzipped the cab (you can use winRAR or 7Zip)
- set compatibility mode of UIU32a.exe from the extracted files to XP SP2 and ran the EXE as administrator
- This made the audio controller working
Had the same prob and just solved it go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01894262&cc=mx&lc=es&dlc=es&product=3877292 folloe the instructions!! it works!
Go to Control Panel...>System & Security..Maintenance Section then it says "A driver for your sound card is available online" an download the file run it and the audio works!