none
ssl connection RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows server 2012 . I created the  certificate for ldap and export it but now my active directory ldap is running on normal setting but it is not running on ssl setting.

ld = ldap_sslinit("eiam", 53460, 1);
    Error 81 = ldap_set_option(hLdap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, 3);
    Error 81 = ldap_connect(hLdap, NULL);
    Server error: <empty>
    Error <0x51>: Fail to connect to eiam.
    This error is showing on ldp.exe's screen

please help

Saturday, November 16, 2019 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

According to our description, I do not know how do we perform the process. We can try the following two links to 
    get what we want.

LDAP over SSL (LDAPS) Certificate
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2980.ldap-over-ssl-ldaps-certificate.aspx

Or 

Step by Step Guide to Setup LDAPS on Windows Server
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/microsoftrservertigerteam/2017/04/10/step-by-step-guide-to-setup-ldaps-on-windows-server/

If it does not work, please confirm the following information:

According to "I have windows server 2012 . I created the certificate for ldap and export it but now my active directory ldap is running on normal setting but it is not running on ssl setting.":

1. Is our windows server 2012 a domain controller?
    2. How and where did we create the certificate for ldap?
    3. Where did we export the LDAP certificate and where did we import the LDAP certificate?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know. 
    Again thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, November 22, 2019 10:42 AM
  • What do you mean by it is not running on SSL settings? Is it listening on the LDAPS port? You can use netstat on the DC to check. Also, is the certificate trusted by the client initiating this connection? If not then you need to address this first.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Monday, November 25, 2019 1:31 PM

• Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:55 AM
  • Hi,
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any result. And if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to tell us in the forum. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, December 2, 2019 1:27 AM