none
unable to identify internet connection RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

I am using win7 Ulimate and facing a problem that my dektop pc unable to identify internet connection after  some regular interval of about 24hrs and after that  internet stop working .To resolve that i have to switchoff my modem & restart it after 1-2 min.

So it is a bit irritating thing i found on my pc as i usually do not switchoff my modem and continously kept it on for downloading and other work. 

I tried many thing to resolve this problem and made changes in advanced setting in win7  ,setting a home/workgroup network etc. I  have no idea what else to try.

I truly hope someone here can help me -   

thanks,

-NIHIT

Saturday, March 19, 2011 8:36 AM

Answers

• Ask your ISP to reset your modem

My MVP is for the Windows Desktop Experience, i.e. Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 IT

Remote Assistance is available for a fee.

I am best with C++ and I am learning C# using Visual Studio 2010

Developer | Windows IT | Chess | Economics | Hardcore Games | Vegan Advocate | PC Reviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I also suspect this issue is related to the Modem. To make a call to the ISP for assistance is a better way.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I also suspect this issue is related to the Modem. To make a call to the ISP for assistance is a better way.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:17 AM