none
How does MS Teams connect to an on prem mailbox, so that the Calendar tab can be accessed? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have 2 seperate domains, on seprate networks.  DomainA and DomainB. We have a trust relationship set up between the 2 domains and one 365 tenant with AD sync from DomainA. (The sync includs both domains) but the server is hosted in DomanA network.

Our Exchange enviroments (both on prem) can not talk to each other and are in no way connected. The firewall only allows in and out the relevant packates to enable the AD trust set up.

We would like to use MS teams, however for domainB users, it can not find the users mailbox, so that the Calendar/ Meeetings tab does not appear. However it does appare for DomainA

How does teams connect to on prem mailboxes? will it go thorugh DomainA, through to DomainB or does it go straight out on the internet using the  public DNS autodoscover record, EWS, Outlook Anywhere?

DomainA exchange is set up as a hybrid, But domainB is not... Can you have 2 seperate exchange servers/ environments connect as a higbrid to 1 O365 tenant?

Or any advice/ idears to try?

Both domains on prem Exchange servers are the same version/ CU

Thanks In advance :)

Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Riley,

MS Teams uses online mailbox. And according to the information you provided, you have to add domain B to the hybrid environment.

You can refer to the steps in the following article:

Exchange Multi-Forest Hybrid Tips and Tricks

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 7:44 AM
  • Will give it read/ go and let you know how I get on
    Thanks
    Friday, October 18, 2019 9:01 AM
  • Hi Riley,

Waiting for your feedback about this issue, share your updates here if you have any progress on it!

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 8:30 AM
  • Hey, sorry for not replying sooner. Been on holiday.

I am going to to add Domain B as a hybrid to out tenant. Just waiting to get it apporved by change :(
    Once done, I will update yiu with the outcome :)

Cheers

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

Is it going well? Waiting for your progress!

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 7:03 AM
  • Hey,   SO i finally got round to doing this this weekend, They hybrid is set up and working correctly,

How ever MS teams app is still unable to find Domain B's mailxoes, So the calendar/ Meetings tab will not show for them

Cheers

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 3:11 PM
  • Hi.

Teams can integrate with Exchange 2016 on-prem.

How Exchange and Microsoft Teams interact

Please check your forest schema with tenant O365.

Multiple forests, single Azure AD tenant

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:11 PM
  • Thanks for your help.
    I have set up the hybrid, but having trouble creating the MIgratiosn end point (but i have a plan).

THe MS teams App can still not find Domain B on prem mailboxes.
    HoweverEWS tests from the web come back fine and i am able to connect to My on prem mailboxes through Outlook Anywhere protical.

So i know from external, connectivity in is fine. Im a bit stumpped. Maybe need to open up firewall ports for mailboxes, between domain A and B vpn tunnell hmmmm?

Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:33 PM
  • You need both domain sync with Office 365 tenant , if both domain on this tenant. 

Teams can only direct working with domain and exchange. You need have DNS record and open port for Teams service for Domain B. If you use HLB or Proxy for Exchange Domain B, need check this point too. We have many problem with HLB and Skype/Teams/Exchange Online with Hybrid Configuration.

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:25 AM