Multiple problems being caused from ntdll.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I open System Properties explorer crashes. I'm working on getting Windbg to get a better reason behind it but here is the Event Viewer log for now.

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.1.7601.23537, time stamp: 0x57c44efe Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, time stamp: 0x59b94ee4
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000bf3e2
    Faulting process id: 0x1218
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d353bbc088d711
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 0f8b0361-bfaf-11e7-a61c-101f74c6c2a1

Here is a link to the "Report.wer" Whatever that is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0jpe5cmz80zd0t/Report.wer?dl=0

I just checked the event viewer again and ntdll.dll has been causing problems with not only explorer but "DllHost.exe", "Fuel.Service.exe"(AMD Graphics related) and "HPSFUpdater.exe" Other than that I've been having this error about my Bluetooth adapter that could be related

Faulting application name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b Faulting module name: CsrBtOBEXService.exe, version: 2.1.63.0, time stamp: 0x4f68683b Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x0000000000006f58 Faulting process id: 0x6ac Faulting application start time: 0x01d35049edb6d03b Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\CSR\CSR Harmony Wireless Software Stack\CsrBtOBEXService.exe Report Id: 85cedec4-bc54-11e7-85a6-101f74c6c2a1

I have tried sfc scan and chkdsk and didn't do anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I just found out I can't even download the Windbg because ntdll.dll won't let me install Visual Studio!

FWI I just copy and pasted this from my superuser question, as of now ntdll.dll won't let me open AMD catalyst it could possibly be the reason my usb hub is constantly disconnecting and everything above.. This is getting ridiculous! My computer functions like crap! Also I'm into computers and all but please try to dump down your responses just a little bit so i can fully comprehend what you're saying. Thank you for any answers.

IF YOU NEED ANY LOGS OR INFORMATION THAT COULD HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:28 AM

All replies

• 1st,start windows normal,or start pc & tap the F8 key,normal safe-mode,then R.click my computer/properties/

advanced/virtual memory/change button.With C: highlited,set to: "Let system manage" click set 2X,close out

restart pc..Also,what is HPS updater,locate its source,disable it.Also,what is dropbox,Win OS system errors/properties/provide a Microsoft error page for it,Reportwer/dropbox shouldn't be instructing youre OS or

you for that..Also,in cmd, Sfc /Scannow  would/should have given some help if its run cmd is right.Either way

you have multiple software bottle-necking the OS,99% its memory issues,but the outline above solves that,now

locate the software problems.Use task mgr,running services,R.click on one,select "open file destination" see

what its about..Better yet,try a new "Clean Win OS" install.

Monday, December 4, 2017 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

When you download windbg or open HP Support Assistant?

Since most ntdll.dll errors result from a corrupted or damaged version of ntdll.dll file itself , corrupt hardware drivers or third-party software, it is suggested that you can go to Safe Mode and open the explorer to see if it will crash.

From your description, your system is corrupted badly and a lot of features are limited. Here are some steps you can try, but if you can't perform all of it please let me know.

1. perform a clean boot to disable the third-party software conflict.

2. Replace the ntdll.dll by copying it from the same version of system as yours, which is located at C:\Windows\System32

3.Uninstall the malware software

4.Go to Windows Update-Check for update, make sure your system is up to date.

5.If you have created a restore point, try to revert your system to previous point.

If the above suggestions can't help you, please help us collect the dump file. If you mind post your personal information on the public forum, you can manually hide them before you upload these logs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

Have you benefit from the suggestions?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 1:54 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't heard from you for a few days, any updates? Have you solved the problem?

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:28 AM