none
OWA issue - Error: Your request can't be completed right now. Please try again later. RRS feed

• Question

• When clicking on an email in OWA, the body displays the following error.

Error: Your request can't be completed right now. Please try again later.

The only way I have found round this is changing the view to Messages rather than Conversation and then users are able to view their email. 

Are their known issues with Conversation view? I need to find a fix ideally as Conversation view can not be globally disabled.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• When clicking on an email in OWA, the body displays the following error.

Error: Your request can't be completed right now. Please try again later.

The only way I have found round this is changing the view to Messages rather than Conversation and then users are able to view their email. 

Are their known issues with Conversation view? I need to find a fix ideally as Conversation view can not be globally disabled.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:56 AM
  • 1. Check this with various browsers.

2. Disable Antivirus and check the status.

3. Check the IIS log on the CAS server and all the error codes when the user access the OWA virtual directory.

4. Check and compare the authentication for OWA and ECP virtual directory.

5. If not resolve, refer this,

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2013/10/exchange-server-2013-owa-throws-error.html

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:46 PM
  • 1. Check this with various browsers.

2. Disable Antivirus and check the status.

3. Check the IIS log on the CAS server and all the error codes when the user access the OWA virtual directory.

4. Check and compare the authentication for OWA and ECP virtual directory.

5. If not resolve, refer this,

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2013/10/exchange-server-2013-owa-throws-error.html

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:46 PM
  • Hi,

Since you have asked the same question in the forum, we will help you merge them together.

Agree with Udara Kaushalya, and please provide more information if above suggestions don't work for you.

What's the detailed version of your Exchange server?

Do all users have the same issue with OWA?

Did you make any modification on Exchange server before this issue occur?

You can reproduce this error, and check event logs for further analysis.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:10 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this thread? 

Please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions. If you have solved your problem, could you share with us? Maybe it will help more people with similar problems. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 1:07 AM
  • Hi

1. I have tried with multiple browsers and devices.

2. Anti-Virus is disabled.

3. Event ID 4999 occurs on the server, i've tried the below with no luck

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3191636/your-request-cannot-be-completed-right-now-error-in-outlook-web-app-af

4. Authentication all seems to be okay.

5. I've gone through this guide, but I am reluctant to fully rebuild my exchange server at the moment. 

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 8:46 AM
  • As a final solution,

Did you try after rebooting the server?

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 10:34 AM
  • Multiple reboots have been tried. 
    Tuesday, September 3, 2019 2:37 PM
  • Hi,

Do all users in your environment have the same issue?

What's the detailed version of your Exchange server?

Did you make any modification for your OWA virtual directory?

Try to recycle MSExchangeOWAAppPool in Application Pools from IIS Manager. Application Pools > MSExchangeOWAAppPool > Recycle.

Run UpdateCas.ps1 and UpdateConfigFiles.ps1 from the exchange bin directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Bin. After that, use the following command to restart IIS:

iisreset /noforce

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hi Lydia

- Every user has the same issue

- The Version is 

Product name Release date Build number (short format) Build number (long format)
    Exchange Server 2016 CU13 June 18, 2019 15.1.1779.2

- No changes have been made to the virtual directory

- I've tried to recycle the app pool and this hasn't helped

- I've ran both Powershell scripts aswell as an iisreset /noforce and this hasn't helped either.

I've also noticed another issue, no users are able to attach files within OWA too.. they receive the error 

The following files couldn't be attached: IMG_20190603_155146.jpg. Please try again later.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

When did this issue begin? Did OWA work before?

Did you modify the OWA mailbox policy? You can use the following command to check your OWA mailbox policy:

get-owamailboxpolicy

You can reproduce this issue, and check the latest IIS log for more information about the OWA request. The default path is C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1. Here is a blog about: How to use Excel to analyse IIS Logs

Try to rebuild OWA virtual directory, and restart IIS:

Remove-OwaVirtualDirectory -Identity "<server name\OWA VD name>" New-OwaVirtualDirectory -Server <server name> -ExternalURL <Uri> -InternalURL <Uri> iisreset /noforce

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:32 AM
  • HI Lydia

It used to work back in July, but nothing on the server has changed (updates ect) 

I've checked the owamailbox policy and nothing has been changed since it was installed.

I've rebuilt the virtual directory and nothing has changed

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:29 PM
  • Hi,

Did you try to check the IIS log? Did you get any error code from IIS logs after reproducing the OWA issue?

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:04 AM