none
Corsair P256 SSD issues, windows freezes

Question

• Hi guys, I recently purchased a Corsair P256 SSD storage device to replace a dying HDD. I re-installed windows 7 64bit and used the SSD as my OS partition (all of it). My computer was perfectly stable with the old HDD, but with this SSD, windows randomly freezes 2-3 times a day. It works fine most of the time, but the freezing happens too frequently for my taste and there is no recovery from it besides a reboot.

I've been working the Corsair official forums and even Tom's Hardware forums and no one seems to have a solution for me. I also tried to verify if TRIM was enabled but unfortunately the CMD panel does not recognize my administrator user as the administrator. (there are no other user accounts, and windows seems to identify this user as administrator). So I wasn't able to use the command query suggested by Corsair forums to verify if TRIM was enabled or not. Now I have to find out how to activate the AHCI in Windows 7 64bit, though someone mentioned to me it has to be done on the bios before Windows installation....

Can anyone help me out with any of these issues? I would ESPECIALLY like to solve the freezing issues! Could it just be a bad Windows install?

Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Try this method: http://www.ithinkdiff.com/how-to-enable-ahci-in-windows-7-rc-after-installation/

Friday, April 23, 2010 1:04 PM
  • Thank you, that solves one of my issues. Glad to find out that my P256 was updated with the latest firmware before purchase and TRIM is enabled now.

I hope this also solves my freezing issues, but if it does, I find it strange that such a small thing was causing the freezes. So far though nothing has happened since enabling AHCI and TRIM.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:20 AM