STEP BY STEP ALMOST 100% SURE THIS WILL WORK EVERY TIME.
1. open these items in order: Control panel > Network and Internet > Network and sharing center.
2. on the right hand side of the screen is a tab "see full map" (written in blue), open this. (widows will create map)
3. the map should show, your computer in the top left and any other computers, routers,(hopefully) your xbox and if applicable your internet connection as branches from your computer. IF THIS IS TRUE (you see your xbox).
right click your computer and go down to manage and open.
4. after a few seconds you will see a "computer management" window. open "services and applications" in the left hand column (just left click), in middle column you now double click "services". ALMOST THERE.
5. you will have to expand the window to see the list properly (do so now). scroll down the list and find UPnP Device Host. (found it?) right click on this service and open "PROPERTIES" in the properties list is a tab
"start up options, change this from "manual" to "automatic".
6. close all the windows you have open and then proceed to open windows media center.............fire up your xbox, get the 8 digit pin and try for the last time you will ever have to try and connect to media centre
follow the steps and WHO'S YOUR DADDY YOUR CONNECTED.
Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.