none
Spooler SubSystem App has encountered problem and needs to close.

Question

• hi everyone! Got hit with a virus off of a comic book website right after Comicon. Now i keep getting spooler subsystem app error. The box reads:

error signature

szAppName : spoolsv.exe  szAppVer : 5.1.2600.6024  szModName : unknown  szModVer : 0.0.0.0  offset: 001a63cb

Can anyone help me fix this? I have read through several of the postings on here and not having much luck.  I have Windows XP on my laptop. It is a Dell Inspiron E1505

Thank you!

HamzHutch

Friday, November 05, 2010 3:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is also recommended to post a new thread in Windows XP Forum for discussion.

Personally, you may refer to KB article as the link below to troubleshoot this issue:

You cannot print and you receive the error message "Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:58 AM
    Monday, November 08, 2010 5:59 AM
  • I just got the same thing...GRRRR?  Nothing works to fix it?  Ever figure this out?

Did you post on XP Forum?  What's the link and I'll go there to follow up?

Thanks,

Anne

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:42 PM
  • What finally worked for me was to log in as admin in safe mode, use services.msc and set print spooler to manual,  then paste new copies of spoolsv.exe and spoolss.dll into the system32 folder, then set print spooler to automatic.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 8:22 PM