none
Where are printer drivers stored ?.

Question

• On a 64 bit Vista Home Premium machine I added the drivers for a Sony DPP-EX7 printer connected via USB. I was able to add this printer from the built in drivers supplied by Windows. I need to also install the x86 alternate drivers under sharing. When I try to do that I am prompted for the location.

What is the location where those printer drivers are stored ?. I was hoping I could go through the process to add the same printer locally on a x86 machine & then copy those files to the 64 bit machine.

Unfournately I can not download the Vista drivers from Sony. Strangely they say Vista is not supported for my printer, yet Vista has those drivers built in.

I would like to do the same for a HP printer, so knowing where to find the Windows built in printer driver files would really help.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009 2:57 AM

Answers

• All the driver are under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Cengiz Kuskaya

EDU
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Cengiz Kuskaya said:

All the driver are under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Cengiz Kuskaya

EDU

Yes, we could manually install the driver. If the printer is still not detected, please launch Device Manager and try to find the entry of the printer. It can be listed udner Printers or Unknown Device. Right-click on the entry, choose Properties->Driver->Update the driver. Then follow the instruction to install the driver.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:48 AM

All replies

• All the driver are under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Cengiz Kuskaya

EDU
    Tuesday, March 03, 2009 9:55 PM
  • Cengiz Kuskaya said:

All the driver are under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository

Hope it helps.

Regards,
    Cengiz Kuskaya

EDU

Yes, we could manually install the driver. If the printer is still not detected, please launch Device Manager and try to find the entry of the printer. It can be listed udner Printers or Unknown Device. Right-click on the entry, choose Properties->Driver->Update the driver. Then follow the instruction to install the driver.
    Arthur Xie - MSFT
    Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:48 AM
  • WHEN I TRY TO COPY A DRIVER INTO THAT DIRECTORY, I GET A MESSAGE SAYING I DON'T HAVE AUTHORIZATION. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR, SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:50 PM
  • try login with local administrator (local user).

switch user>.\"username (local)">enter

then try again to copy files that directory

Sunday, January 19, 2014 1:51 PM