none
SearchProtocolHost.exe is accessing registry ProfileList and causes errors during logon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm experiencing an issue where sometimes, a lot of our users are either getting a Temporary Profile issue or a User Profile Services Service failure during logon. I have a case open with Microsoft right now regarding the issue.

So far, we've removed *\NTUser.dat from our FEP real-time scanning as it was causing issues before, and we are now noticing SearhProtocolHost.exe is accessing the ProfileList section of our registry and it is causing issue. 

The question is - is there any way to deny SearchProtocolHost from access to the registry? I'm not sure if it is actually scanning it, or if the fact that it is simply running at the wrong time is causing the issue. Like I said - I have a case open with Microsoft, but it never hurts to get more input on the issue!

Thanks very much,

Mike

-Mike

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

Has the issue been resolved by MS email support or if you need more assistance?

Regards,

Denny

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Denny,

We put our email case on hold for the time being - it had pretty much become a waiting game to see if things would break again. 

Sadly, they've started back up. Do you have any ideas off the top of your head or should i reactivate my case with Microsoft Support? 

-Mike

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:05 PM