none
Backup skipped backing up X:\ as it is on the backup target. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 Backup.  I get the message "Backup skipped backing up X:\ as it is on the backup target" but no error code appears that might help me to relate to these topics.

I am backing up to an external drive labeled X:  The system appears to be saving an image of my main drive but no files. This happens with either automatic backup or manual. It says the last backup was "never". 

My friend says to install Ghost which is no help.

Can anyone provide a fix that a dummy can understand and implement, please?  I can not figure out if any of the technical comments posted here are relevent to my situation.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, February 21, 2011 11:03 PM Moved to relevant forum category (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Monday, February 21, 2011 10:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Maybe some documents, pictures or songs in libraries is directed to your X drive. What if you change another drive of your external HD to perform the backup?

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This error may occur when you include image backup in Windows Backup. And include the external drive in image backup. Please unselect the external driver from backup.

If the issue persists, please go to Event viewer to check if any logs in it. Or you can make a screenshot to me: Upload to SkyDrive

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:22 AM
  • Thanks.  Error message continues even though X; is not selected to be backed up.

Fortunately, other files are backed up okay.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:36 PM
  • Hi,

Maybe some documents, pictures or songs in libraries is directed to your X drive. What if you change another drive of your external HD to perform the backup?

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Saturday, February 26, 2011 1:43 AM