none
DELL Inspiron 1525 Internal Microphone Not Working After Windows 7 Upgrade

Question

• After upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7, the internal microphone on my DELL Inspiron 1525 does not work. When checking in the Control Panel > Sounds, the only device options are for the external microphone connection to the jack... Please help!
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:42 PM

Answers

• Hi vinnyspice,

According to Dell's website, this laptop's drivers are only for Windows Vista. You contact Dell and see if there is any update available.

In the meantime, try downloading and installing the chipset driver and the sound card driver for Windows Vista and see if the issue can be resolved. You can download them HERE.

Also, run Windows Update to see if it helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, May 03, 2010 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi vinnyspice,

According to Dell's website, this laptop's drivers are only for Windows Vista. You contact Dell and see if there is any update available.

In the meantime, try downloading and installing the chipset driver and the sound card driver for Windows Vista and see if the issue can be resolved. You can download them HERE.

Also, run Windows Update to see if it helps.

Regards,

Linda

• Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, May 03, 2010 2:48 AM
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:06 AM
  • Hi Linda,

Just wanted to send my greatest thanks yous... I downloaded and installed the sound driver and the microphone is working well... is there a free program or diagnostic program that I can download to check the drivers on my pc to ensure they are the most updated and no other conflicts with hardware etc ?

I do run windows Update almost everyday and install ALL updates.

Thank you again, have a great day... :)

Vince.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 7:14 PM
  • Hi Vince,

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved. J

Here are some Windows 7 articles for your reference, and you may find the answers to your questions there:

Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware

What to do when a device isn't installed properly

Tips for fixing common driver problems

Regards,

Linda

Thursday, April 29, 2010 6:23 AM
  • Linda,

Thanks so much for the advice...I was going spare not getting mikes to work in Win7.

Appreciate this so much :)

Simon

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Dear Linda, I am really grateful for above solution, it works. Thanks a lot. Stay blessed.

Monday, October 10, 2011 8:32 PM