Unable to access NAS from WIndows 8

Question

• Hi,

Everything else works great, but I am unable to access my NAS whatsoever. I've enabled and disabled just about every network setting, including firewall, with no luck. It is a QNAP TS-219P+ connected via a LAN bridge with my WIFI by gigabit cable. I had a mapped drive that worked on Win 7 before I upgraded, but that link will now not connect. I cannot access it at all via it's IP. Curiously, I can readily see it using the QNAP FINDER software, but cannot connect. I cannot ping the device either, and no media services are visible. I can access the media severs on my other home PC's though. Any tips?

Thanks

Joseph

Saturday, June 02, 2012 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, 169.254.#.# is an APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address. Please ensure the configurations are proper.

Please let us know the IP Address of the NAS. Meanwhile, please run “ipconfig /all” on the Windows 8 computer and check the output.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try the following:

1. Try accessing it with \\IP Address and let us know the exact error message you received.

2. If there are any other computers on the network, please share a folder on it and see if the Windows 8 computer can access it.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

Monday, June 04, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hey Nicholas,

Thanks for your reply. When I try to access it by IP address it just waits for 3-4 seconds, then says "This page can't be displayed, make sure the web address http://169.254.100.100:8080 is correct". I can access other computers shared folders on the network and I can access the NAS from other Windows 7 computers.

Thanks,

Joseph

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

As far as I know, 169.254.#.# is an APIPA (Automatic Private IP Addressing) address. Please ensure the configurations are proper.

Please let us know the IP Address of the NAS. Meanwhile, please run “ipconfig /all” on the Windows 8 computer and check the output.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

Tuesday, June 05, 2012 9:17 AM